luna lovegood

WITCH*
[available]

IN THE SMALL, SLEEPY town of Ottery St Catchpole, Indigo Pierce was considered the local witch.

She sold herbs and crystals to her neighbours, she had two black cats always following her around, and weird crashes and bangs could often be heard from her house late at night.

But Indigo wasn't a witch as spells, potions and magic wasn't real. Indigo was just a bored small town girl, in a boring small town, who never quite learned how to grow up.

Then she learnt how wrong she was. And she was introduced to a whole new world, a world just like one Indigo for so many years liked to pretend was real, a world full of magic and wonder. A world with dragons, and fairies, mermaids and ghosts. A world that Indigo would give anything to really be a part off, but couldn't. Because, unlike real witches and wizards, and all other fantastical creatures that were in the magical world, Indigo was normal. Boring, plain, magic-less, normal.

But no matter how magical this wizarding world was, nothing was ever quite as magical as Luna Lovegood.

━━━━━ NOTES

summary was all over the place lmao, feel free to rewrite it. also I hate the title with the force of a million burning suns, so change it pls.

so Ottery St. Catchpole is the muggle town the Weasleys lived near, and sometimes visited. and as the Lovegood house is also near the Burrow, it's likely they Luna sometimes visited the town too.

I'd like for this fic to be post war. Indigo is a 20 something witch who runs a business of sorts, selling herbs and crystals (something I'm sure the Weasleys find really funny lmao). Luna is a frequent customer at Indigo's shop, and Indigo just has the biggest crush on Luna.

and then Indigo finds out about magic, it's up to you how it's happens, but I'd like to imagine that Indigo siblings marries a wizard/ witch, or has a muggleborn kid, and tells Indigo about the wizarding world, and takes her to Diagon Alley or something.

and then she finds about Luna basically being a war hero and confronts Luna about it. and Luna helps Indigo learn more about the magic and stuff, and they grow close.

Indigo is pretty salty about the fact she can't do magic, that should be, like, a main point of the fic. but Luna helps her get over it.