A Leap

As I lay on the hammock overlooking the beautiful lake, my arms wrapped around my little blue eyed baby. I cannot help but remember.

I remember my talk with my sister and her telling me it wasn't my fault. I didn't fail my sister. I remember after that talk I was able to sleep. I slept so good. Yea, maybe also the fact I was sick and tried sleep came easy, but also knowing my sister was happy and I didn't let her down helped me sleep with ease.

Shivaay woke me up from a deep sleep. I was so upset at him and told him to back off because I was tried. He however wouldn't back off and I remember sitting up on bed and screaming at him to let me sleep. After telling him that I laid back down. Only to hear another voice. I couldn't remember the face to the voice, but I knew I had heard it. Opening my eyes I saw the same doctor who had taken care of me when I was buried by Veer. I still dislike hearing/thinking of his name. He tortured us a lot, but because of him my fathers name was cleared. I also got to know what happened with my sister.

Only thing I regretted was Shivaay and his brothers all decided that they couldn't live in the same house as their parents and have still not gone back to stay with them. She loved having her own time with her husband, but she didn't want to be the reason he was away from his family. She remembered her telling him she was okay and they should return to his family house, but he denied her. She even told him that she wanted it herself, but he said he knew her to well and knew she would put her feelings aside when it came to him and his family. He no longer had it in him to watch his wife sacrifice for him and his family. He wanted his own world, where he didn't have to fix his families problems.

She remembered crying one day because Shivaay had gone to a business trip and because she was bored she went to the supermarket. As Shivaay had been teaching her a few dishes she wanted to make something nice for him. When, she went there she heard two women talk and one was saying of how her son left her because of his wife. She was crying and the other was consulting her. She felt for the woman, but that made her think about Shivaay and his mother and she left there crying. She cried more when she got home. Her eyes were puffy and red and on top of it Shivaay came home early. On seeing his wife's eyes he freaked; wanting to know who hurt his wife. Annika told him what happened and said she also is doing the same with him. He told her that wasn't true and that she isn't the reason. Taking her into his arms he told her that he couldn't see her cry and that if she wanted they could go back. But, he also told her that he didn't have it in him anymore to protect his that family. He sacrificed too much for them and he couldn't do it anymore, nor can does he want her to. As for taken him away from his family, he said that he still spoke to them over the phone and was involved in the business. He only changed offices to Goa. He then called his mother and told her what Annika thought in front of Annika herself. Pinky in return told Annika that she spoke to her son everyday and she understands what Shivaay and her are going through. She told her Shivaay and her have sacrificed too much for the family and for the first time she is happy. Her son is living his life the way he wanted, without having the worries of the family on his head. She had a new grand baby on her away and did not want that baby to become another Shivaay or Annika. She told her that she loved her children and yes both her children Shivaay and Annika too much to have their child turn out to be like them. She said that Shivaay had told her about wanting to stay in Goa and how Annika wanted to go back because of the family. It was her who told Shivaay she was on his side and didn't want them to come back. She told Annika it doesn't matter where they are, but they are always going to be a family. She wanted her children to be happy and away from troubles and if it meant being away from them she was alright with it. This made Annika a bit happier.

Anyways, back to the doctor. She saw it was the doctor and got a bit shocked and worried. She thought why the doctor was there. Was something wrong with her. Oh, what if something happened with Shivaay when she was sleeping, but what was a Mumbai based doctor doing in Goa. She was so confused, but as if reading her mind Shivaay told her the doctor was there for her and before she panicked it was for a check up. The doctor then explained how she got her blood reports and it read she was pregnant and because she was buried she wanted to check on the baby. This did make Annika a little worried, but with Shivaay and the doctor convincing her to not worry and letting the doctor check her before anything she let the doctor check her. The doctor placed the cold gel on her stomach and then the probe moved around her stomach. That, was the happiness moment in her life, when the doctor pointed her little one she couldn't help, but to smile. Then, the doctor turned the volume higher and that it when they heard their babies heartbeat. Shivaay grabbed her hand and looked at her and then the screen. The doctor said the baby was like it's mother a fighter and it was absolutely fine. This made her tear up, which made Shivaay tensed, but knowing her husband she told him it's because she was happy. He told her he didn't care, but didn't want her in tears about anything. She remembered shaking her head at his comment and then laughing. After, that the doctor examined her a bit more and told her she and the baby were alright, but that she had to make sure she didn't take too much stress and she ate and rested properly.