Chapter 5 Feathers Fall

The sky was a dead, deep purple. Indigo to be more precise. The sky was dotted with several sad gray clouds. Death swarmed around the open clearing as one bird fell to the ground. All in a day's work!

A few birds flapped above my helm making me aware of dangers. I closed my wings securely around my thin frame. It's been a while since I ate.

There hasn't been much food ever since prey was being taken away by other groups. As for my comrades, they weren't doing a whole lot better. In fact maybe worse since many of them had sparklings. I had no such thing and would never have. Sure, there are many birds out there that might be interested in me, but I not in them. My optics search for adventure and friends.

I only had one friend. Sundor. Maybe not friend, but partner in crime most certainly.

I haven't seen much of him lately. He's all ways looking for power. Our leader, Blizzard, does not appreciate this treachery but he is good for nothing more. At times, I wish I had not befriended him. I do suppose it was my fault that he started wanting to take over Blizzard's power. She wasn't the brightest but she wasn't a dimwit either and that sparked my want for power.

I feel that I have much more experience in cunning plans. Still, I can't get over the fact that Blizzard has the temper of a tree. She never cracks, and if she does, consider it luck if your not in her way. When she comes crashing down, it's heard many klicks away. It has happened and as a result, you can probably guess. Death. Who's claws? Who else other than the one who stands before you. Laserbeak.

I must say, I don't like being an assassin for anyone, but something happens to me that makes me want to take the job. I am very proud and pleased with such a position. I have never failed Blizzard in my many stellar cycles of service. I was still pretty young to have such a high honor but what can I say. I can fool just about anyone. Its a gift. Besides, not many have the courage to pull the plug of another bird's life. So this is a wonderful job in my opinion. I will gladly pull out my lasers and strike any bird at the spark. They will die anyways, why hold the agony?

I feel that shadows are like family. Always there when you want it. It surround at every point in the day except night. Anyways, that's away from the point. The point is, I'm lonely again.

"Stop standing there! I have more traitors jumping at my wings!"

I twisted my head around to see an elegant powdery blue bird. Her feathers were neat against her small frame. Despite being small, she has the most powerful voice I have heard.

"How may I be of service?" I questioned meeting Blizzard's optics. A small bow might have been appropriate but I held myself straight, puffing my chassis out too.

"You aren't offering service standing there are you? Well for starters, why don't you scan the area. Then I think I might have a traitor eating at my feathers for you to get rid of." Her blue feathers glimmered in the dawning sun. I could have done as she had asked but I stayed there.

She gave a sharp snap at my beak. I jumped back and took off.

She could have saw me staring but I haven't got a clue. One thing I was sure is that we couldn't be together. I was dark she was light. I was death she was life (Just because she's a femme). I was rain she was the rainbow. I was the moon she was the sun. As you can tell I'm, always away into the dark, but anyways back to my mission.

The sun rays showered across my frame. The heavy rays blocked my view. I narrowed my optics, I never liked the sun. I really hate being out in the open but I can't complain. If it weren't for light what would dark mean? Nothing it means now.

I flapped harder speeding my way around our territory. I was part of a group called Iron Claw. My division was Silent Death. Sundor was a part of Scavengers. His division has nothing to do with power, but if I were to say how much power or recognition they received, it couldn't compare to my greatness. Sadly I have been deprived of my comrades. They were being given missions and they never came back. In the right state of mind, I would say they are still trying to complete it. In my wrong state of my mind, let's say the shadows decided to swallow them up and take them away. I assume you know what that means. Even Scarredwing has perished.