Chapter 1 Assassin

Black. It's the only color I have ever learned about. Ever thing around was black. Ever since I was born the only color I have seen was black. There is no other color I would welcome more. Death was my friend from the start. It was my only friend at the moment. It was like my sire. Cradling me gently in his wings while my sire was away. My real sire.

I never knew him. I never asked my carrier any questions about him. He was just a mystery. He was like a shadow watching over my shoulder plates examining my achievements and my constant nonfulfillments. He was there, just a shadow. There was no hugging or congratulating of any sort. In fact he was more of unhelpful if you ask me. My carrier told me about him once. She said that he was a nice bird. Very protective. Always ready to help her. But ever since I came, he just disappeared. It was a weird phenomenon that I just couldn't explain. It's like where ever I turn death isn't to far behind. It never is to far behind. It haunts me to think I might have killed my sire.

What I really wonder right now is why I'm thinking about this. Might be because I with Sundor. My only other friend besides death. At the moment Bolt was right behind our tails. We had just covered her nest with stones. She asked for feathers but what can I say? Sundor plus me equals a cunning plan of mass destruction or at least we don't inflict casualties. Ok may be I stretched that out a little to far. Not mass destruction, anger. Anger suffices my hunger for annoyance just fine. Anyways, Sundor laughed at my side as Bolt screamed.

"Sundor! Laserbeak! Get your afts here right now!"

"Not a chance my gracious queen," mocked Sundor.

"I live to serve my queen." I truly did enjoy annoying Bolt. Best days of my entire life I tell you. It doesn't get any better than this.

"I swear to Primus if you don't get back here! I'm going to tell your carriers!"

Sundor shut his beak and slowed down.

"Not a chance Bolt. I'm not afraid of my carrier!"

"You'll get over here if you know what's good for you bird brain!"

"Come on Laser."

"Your not serious are you? Imagine what your sire has in store for you!"

"I'm better off with what I have now than what I will get if I stay."

"Fine, have it your way." I too slowed down.

Bolt gasped as she caught up with us. (She was just a smidge older than us. Not that it matters but I thought it might be some valuable information.)

"You guys are so crazy! Why didn't you bring feathers like I had asked?"

"Because I have a better use of my time?"

"Oh really? Is that tormenting me Laserbeak?"

"Stop taking everything so personally!"

"I'll just go now," whispered Sundor jumping slowly away.

"Get back! I'm not done with you!"

"Do we have a problem here?" growled a powdery blue bird. Her voice was high with authority.

Sundor and Bolt shrank back while I stood straight up. I wasn't afraid of a bird with much greater height than me. Ok I admit. I was very afraid. Yes, I couldn't shrink back because I was paralyzed with fear. Not that it matters much to you. Or at least I don't suppose it does. Luckily, the blue bird didn't see it like how it truly was. She thought that I was actually was going against her authority. Yes I admit, that was also the case. Hey I can't help myself ok?

"Nothing. All's well!"

The blue bird slammed my frame down to the floor. "You dare defy me? I know what I saw."