Chapter 3 Last Words

"Get up lazy lump!" It's rise and shine."

"Is it morning already?" I cooed back.

"Of course it is! Why else would I be here?"

"Can I recharge a little bit more?"

"Yea. Yea you can, but you'll miss my lesson for you."

"Alright, I'm getting up!"

"That's what I thought!"

I followed Scarredwing out of my nest. For the first time, I noticed that she had a long slash running down on one side of her faceplate near her optic, but her optic was left untouched.

"What's that?" I inched closer to get a better look.

"It's a scar. From battling."

"Is that why your name is Scarredwing."

"No actually."

"Then why?"

"My wing."

"What wrong with your wing?"

She extended one of her wings. It was shredded. There was no fresh energon on the wing so she must have gotten this long ago. Some of her feathers were missing and some still had dry energon.

"Can you still fly?"

She shot me an angry glare, "I can still function properly. If you weren't my pupil then I would have plucked out your feathers for that question."

"I'm sorry!"

"You'd better be."

I didn't want to drop the topic. Not yet. I wanted to know why her wing was shredded. Ok so through battling? That doesn't tell me too much.

"How did it happen?"

"It was late, I was walking across the city."

"Your not supposed to be in the city!"

"It was a mission given to me by Blizzard. Now let me finish. The city lights flickered above my helm. I honestly thought it was the power in the city so I didn't pay to much attention to it. Mistake. Horrible mistake. Anyways, I was looking for a key."

"What's a key?"

"A key opens things like doors or locks. Anyhow, I found it. I so gleeful that I didn't notice that I was being surrounded by over birds. Birds in the city a much bigger. Maybe because they're feed more often I don't know. The point is they dragged me over to a building. They began hitting me, taking turns to see who could knock me out first. One bird was about to hit but I moved to the side. The roof of the building was very delicate and it caved in. I fell in a large can."

"How'd it look like?"

"Ask your questions last. So I fell in a large can. The can tipped over and dumped me into a large grinder. It slowly began eating at my wing."

"Hey wait! Didn't you say you got it through battling? Not by falling in a grinder?"

"Stupid. That was the scar over my optic. The rest I got from the grinder. Anymore questions I should clear up?"

"None anymore."

"I was lucky that I didn't get shredded. I even had enough strength to finish my mission. By the end I brought the key and here I am today, my wing is shredded but I am still in full function!"

"Cool!"

"Painful,"she hissed under her breath. "Anyways, let's get started with your training."