Chapter 2 In A Nutshell

The sky was brightly shining over my helm. Light. It showered my small frame.

I sure hope that game is done soon. It sounds interesting. Here's how it works:

First you must find a large rock. Then when everyone has one, you throw it as far as you can.

Ok. I admit it. It's not the best game ever, but it's a game.

"Ok. Can I help?" I prompt looking at the two birds in the optics.

"Sure. I don't see why not," answered Sundor sending a glance to Bolt.

"But anyways. What happened to you?" asked Bolt switching the topic.

"I got a new position!"

"Ooooo what?"

"Oh nothing much. It's an assassin!"

"No way! You need so many rotation of trainings!"

"She just asked you to be an assassin."

"More or less."

"Lucky!" she squealed running in circles before stopping dead. "Assassin?" Her optics were large as she sent Sundor and uneasy stare.

"Is everything ok?" No bird answered. They were staring having a faceplate talk. Bolt did a tiny wink a Sundor and turned away.

"Whose your mentor?" asked Sundor

"Scarredwing."

"Sounds mean."

"I haven't met him yet."

"He's a she."

"No I'm pretty sure it's a he."

"Nope. It is really a she."

"Ok, if you say so. I still think it's a mech."

"Well then why don't you go find out?"

"Ok, maybe I will!"

I am sure it is a mech. Scarredwing really doesn't sound like a femme. I hurried off. Where could I find Scarredwing? I knew nothing about him. All I knew is that he was a well respected bird with amazing talents. His accuracy was dead on. He hit his target every single time never missing once! Maybe he's out practicing? Nah, he doesn't need to. He's a prodigy! Ok he's not young. Or at least I don't think he is. I don't think you can be that great to become a legend in one solar cycle. I don't think that's possible. Even for me, the great Laserbeak. Yes, I take to much pride in myself but hey I can't help it! I mean I'm about to become an assassin! That's an amazing honor!

"Scarredwing!" I called out. Maybe he might come to me and ask why? The I would tell him I'm his pupil!

A strong built frame turned its helm my direction. They said a few low words to the bird next to them before coming over to me.

"What?" she snapped. Ok so it was a femme. I jumped back in surprise.

"Are you Scarredwing?"

She sighed heavily, "Yes."

"Blizzard told me to come to you."

"Oh? What for?"

"She said I would learn from you."

She broke a laugh, "You? An assassin already?"

"Yea. She told me I would learn more from you."

"Yea ok cut out the 'learn more from you' part. I get it. By my standards, your still a sparkling in training. Therefore you are not an assassin."