Mama isn't coming home?

Wanda POV: Avengers compound two days later

I was supposed to get word from Nat days ago. The rest of the team has been quiet as well. But Nat promised to call so I don't have to lie to Lia. I can't. But she hasn't called. That really scares me.

I'm sitting in the couch with Lia on the floor in between my feet. "When is mama coming back home. I miss her" I put my arm around her and hug her a bit. She actually hugs me a bit back.

"I don't know sweetie, I do too" just as I finished that sentence the elevator opens. Out comes the team. I can feel Lia tense in my arms. She's still not used to people just coming and going. "It's ok" I whisper softly into her ear.

They all look really sad. "Hey guys. Everything alright?" I pause. I can't see Nat. "Where's Nat?"

They all share a look until Sam speaks up. "She.. eh. Cover the kid's ears"

"No I can hear" Lia says.

"Please Lia. I'll cover them" I put my hands over her ears.

"She's been captured. She fought a bunch of agents. And we.. Ehm" Sam can't seem to continue so Tony does for him.

"We lost contact. We went looking for her, but she was no where in sight" Tony says. This brings tears to my eyes.

I pick Amelia up. I carry her to her room. "Ok, Amelia you have to listen to me very carefully" I say to her.

"Ok Wanda" she says in her tiny voice.

"It's about your mom, Natasha" I start. I almost choke on my words. "She's not coming home for a while. Some mean men have taken her. We're going to do everything we can to get her back, but it's gonna take a while. We need you to be here with us, keep you safe. Ok? I'm gonna keep you safe"

"Mama isn't coming home?" She chokes out. I can see tears threatening to spill. She stops herself. "A princess doesn't cry. A princess doesn't cry." She tells herself to calm down.

"Oh baby girl, I know a princess doesn't cry, but right now you're allowed to cry. Listen to me, you cry it all out on my shoulder right here. There's times where it's good to be brave, but being brave doesn't necessarily mean not to cry" I tell the small girl sincerely.

She leans in for a hug. "But why?" She asks me.

"Why what?" I ask her.

"Why would they take my mama? What did she do?" She asks in a small voice.

I didn't realize that someone wouldn't know, but of course her four year old wouldn't know this. "Well sweetie, it's not exactly something she did now. But you know your mom is a really good person. She saved a lot of girls. Little girls just like you" I say and point to her. My accent coming out strong. "Let's go make some food huh? I bet the guys downstairs are pretty hungry" I say trying to get her mind on some other things.

"Ehm ok" she says barely above a whisper. She reaches for my hand and of course I give it to her. Then we walk back to the others. It looked like Clint was about to talk until he saw my death stare. It looks like he changed his mind.

"What do you want to eat kiddo?" Tony Lia.

"Hmmm oh! PANCAKES!!" She says excitedly.

"For dinner?" I ask as I tilted my head.

"Yeah. Breakfast for dinner" she tells them.

"Alright. Pancakes it is" Bucky says going through the crowd and picking Lia up. He put her on his shoulders and started cooking.