A Hexside Prodigy

(Before we begin, I wanted to go over a few things. 

1) I'm starting this right after Hunting Palisman came out. Like, as I write this, it's the day after. Things might not line up completely later on with the show because of this. I hope you understand.

2) Here's some basics:   Y/N = (your name)     L/N = (your last name)     F/C = (favorite color)   E/C = (eye color)     H/C = (hair color)     H/L = (hair length)     S/C or S/T = (skin color) or (skin tone)     and any more will be specified later =)     (gotta put this, cuz not everyone has been reading fanfiction since 6th grade and is now a senior in high school like me lmao)

3) You can change ANY DETAIL YOU WANT! Besides, how would I stop you? Like, later in this story it mentions pancakes. Maybe you want waffles or chocolate or even weed! I don't really care. It just seems like more of a real story to me if I give specifics =)

4) It's an outdated meme, I know. I also don't care.

Okay, here we go.)

The classroom around you filled with applause as you beamed at each face in the room. You had done it. You had graduated from Hexside at the young age of 12. You were a local prodigy. No, you were more than that. You were a Boiling Isles prodigy! The students around you began chanting your name. "Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!"

"Y/N! GET UP!" 

You groaned, opening yours eyes to stare at your mother. "Yes, mother," you sighed. She headed to your door, but before walking through, she reminded you that you were to meet your new combat mentor. You grinned. Finally, something cool in my life! 

It had been years since you graduated from school. Nothing exciting had happened for years, up until you recently fought off a small angry dragon successfully, but barely. And now you're starting combat training. 

Though, you were pretty excited. You were used to the "prodigy" title, but really that only applied to you with school. You were mature enough to hold a job, but did you have a job? No. Your parents wanted you to set up a stand down at the market with some of their newer goods.

Your parents owned the L/N Marketplace, which was a stupid name because it didn't even have a physical shop. Yet. That's where you were supposed to come in. When you were 7, you had the idea of setting up a stand that you took the liberty to design, and your parents loved the idea, but just didn't have the time. 

You still had the design pinned to the "Business Board", which was a giant bulletin board in the kitchen with all sorts of notes and papers about the L/N Marketplace. 

Why was it called "Marketplace"? Well, your family sells a bit of almost everything. What else sells a bit of almost everything? A marketplace. How creative and original.

Snapping back to reality and realizing you didn't know what you were doing today with your mentor yet, you sighed, closing your closet doors. Do you dress in a training outfit? Or just a general nice outfit?

You decided to go ask your mother. You opened your door and bolted down the hallway, swinging onto the railing of the way too fancy staircase. Sliding down and jumping off at the end, you smelled pancakes. 

"Pancakes?" You gasped, overjoyed. Your parents never made you breakfast. The last time this happened was the day after you graduated. 

"You've earned it," your mom said to you, winking and shooting you finger guns. 

"But I haven't even done anything yet-"

"Don't blow this chance," your mom warned, patting your head.