Hunter Not Flustered (free trial)

I would like to say that I do not see most comments because every time I open Wattpad I have a ton of notifications, so if you have something really important you want to tell me (including requests, suggestions, or questions), you can DM me here or on Discord: GingerTakesTheCrown#9521

(If you add me on Discord, make sure to tell me where you came from lol)

also, get ready for major frustration at y/n's obliviousness. you thought before was bad? well now its damaging.

except its bad enough i actually feel bad, so I'm gonna try to majorly make up for it ;)

Here we go....

(Started December 21, 2021 at 12:43 AM CST)

Narrator's P.O.V. 
(basically an in-between)

It had been about an hour since Hunter had woken up and he was being weird. 

Instead of being flustered at comments, for example, he was flustered at seemingly nothing. He seemed extra jumpy, too. You were about to ask him what was wrong, but he spoke before you.

"Y/N, we're only friends, right?"

What?  "We're best friends... that's more than just 'friends', don't 'cha think?" you responded, trying to be reassuring.

You had no idea, but Hunter was trying to figure out whether to confess to you or not, and you just decided it for him.

"Friends," he muttered, almost inaudibly. "Okay."

He had to make sure there wasn't a misunderstanding, he had decided after a moment. "Do friends hold hands and hit on each other constantly as if they're dating?"

"Probably," you replied indifferently.

"Oh," he whispered.

"During my second to last calendar year of school, there were these two inseparable senior friends who everyone was convinced were dating. They would literally kiss in the hallways, but explain they were only best friends."

"I see," Hunter mumbled, feeling worse by the second, but you had no idea.

"Well, recently I ended up checking one of their Penstagram profiles, and they're actually engaged."

This ignited a spark of hope inside Hunter. Maybe I do still stand a chance... 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The sky was dark and was dotted with millions of twinkling diamonds. The birds' chirping had slowly been replaced by crickets, and the lake's ripples reflected a broken image of the moon. You and Hunter sat side-by-side, wrapped up in a blanket together in front of a crackling campfire. 

Hunter had a s'more in his hand, and he had just taken the first bite, the marshmallow forming into a sticky string as he pulled it away from his mouth. 

You had just pieced together your first one, but you accidentally dropped it into the fire, causing you to pout.

Hunter held his out to you. "You can have mine."

"Okay, but you already bit off of it, and that's basically an indirect kiss," you argued jokingly, admiring the way the fire flickered to light up part of his face. His eyes were so pretty at night.