A Buffet in Bonesborough (+ Announcement at the End)

(Can we just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful this piece of fanart is?

Also the restaurant in this story is inspired by a real life one, only I made it fancier

+ if you don't eat certain things like meat, I apologize in advance <3)

(Edit: Have you guys seen Eda's Requiem yet? I saw it right away and cried, but I cry easily from this stuff, soooo... also if you haven't and can't and want to, there's this person who makes the videos in playlists of 1 minute 20 second clips which is really nice, and there's also someone who puts full episodes in one video, but zooms in in random parts. If someone asks, THEN I will say them, but since it's technically illegal, I plan on leaving it out for now.)

"Sooo... where are we going?" you asked Hunter as the two of you exited the castle.

"How do you feel about The Princess?" he asked casually. The Princess was the fanciest, most expensive restaurant in Bonesborough, and quite possibly in all of the Boiling Isles.

"WHAT?!" you exclaimed.

"What happened to being rich, Y/N?" he teased.

"Aww, that's cute!"

"What?! What did I do?!" he asked, panic-stricken. 

"You used my name!" you joked.

"Fuck off, Second Place. And if anything, you should refer to me as "hot" because cute doesn't fit!"

"No, I think 'cute' fits wonderfully," you said with a wink. 

"Why are you hitting on me?" he asked, tilting his head like a puppy.

"Because that's what I do with frie- people I hang out around a lot."

"It hasn't even been a full week," Hunter pointed out.

"Riiiight," you said.

"Okay, get on my staff thing and hold on to me," he said. Then he added, "I bet that'll be fun for you."

"Yeah, you wish. No, last I checked I wasn't into power hungry, egotistical jerks who pretend to help me up and then FUCKING DROP ME!" 

"You're still mad about that?"

There was a moment of silence before you spoke up. "Perhaps."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The restaurant was stunningly elegant. There were clothed tables and candle-lit chandeliers. Over every table there was a smaller, simplified version of the big chandeliers in the buffet area. When you entered, there was a counter with intricate gold engravings on it of a pattern of crowns, swords, and the Emperor's Coven symbol.

Oh, right. I forgot this place was founded and is paid for by the Emperor's Coven. But then again, the prices seem rather criminal at first, so I guess it probably pays for itself.

There was a waiter behind the counter with a fancy vintage cash register in front of him. 

"Hello. It's a pleasure to have you back, Golden Guard. Will it be a table for two for you and your date?" You tensed up at the word 'date'.

"Yep!" he responded.

Guess I've got to take matters into my own hands. Figures.

"My apologies, sir, but we aren't dating," you said politely.