Chapter 1

Violet Weissman. That's me. My life is pretty unfortunate. I'm 12 years old and I have a 16-year-old brother. His name is Klaus and he's honestly the best big brother in the world.

I am currently sitting in an airport in Jamaica. Why? Because my mom and her rich boyfriend wanted to go. Now I know what you may be thinking, "Come on Violet don't be rude" or "you should be grateful" but my mom and stepdad are the worst. My dad left when I was ten. I don't know why but all I know is that my mom went from kind and loving to rude and abusive. Even though my dad left, I know he still loves me. My mom says it's because he's heartless but I don't believe her.

My mom met Derek, my stepdad in a bar so, yeah he's a drunk. Sometimes he tries to hit me. However, Klaus was always there to protect me. Klaus always took punches for me. I tried telling my mom this and she just called me a liar. She never believes me.

As I sit in my seat next to Klaus, I start to flick on my hair tie. A memory comes to my mind.

~Flashback~
One day I was stressed out of my mind. So I do what I always do when I'm stressed. Chew my cuticles. I know it's a bad habit but it helps me. One minute later, my dad barges through my room. He noticed my sore and bloody fingers. "Violet, you have to stop that your hurting yourself!" "I know I'm sorry I just can't help it." my dad looks around my room quickly. His eyes land on my dresser. He hands me the hair tie and says "Whenever you feel like doing that to your fingers, flick the hair tie a couple of times. Ok?" "Ok". Since then in haven't even thought of chewing my cuticles.

I smile at the memory. I break out of my trance when I hear that our plane is full and they're paying people to go on a separate one. Derek's eyes light up. "Wonderful! This means we can have some alone time," he says in a disturbing tone. "What about us? We're too young to go on a plane by ourselves." I say. "Klaus is sixteen you'll be fine." my mom says. "So...bye!" Derek says. "Unbelievable" Klaus mumbles. Klaus grabs my arm and leads me to the boarding area of flight 828.

Klaus and I find out seats. We're in the middle row. Next to us was a man, a woman with blonde hair and a kid that looked to be my age. I stare at the kid for a moment. I think he felt me staring because he looked right at me. I sent him a smile and he did the same. He has a cute smile.

~Cal's Pov~
As I'm sitting with my dad and aunt Mick, I start to look at the passengers. I noticed this boy with dark brown curly hair and glasses. Behind him was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She had long dark brown hair and deep blue eyes. I watch her take her seat in the row beside us. I continue to stare at her until she moves her head towards me. Through the corner of my eye, I see her staring at me. I decided to make eye contact. She sends me a smile which made my heart flutter. I smiled back at her and we both looked away from each other.

«───── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ─────»

I'm going to try my best to update every Sunday.

Also, this is my first time writing so I'm sorry if it's bad.