Chapter 2

~Violet's Pov~
That boy is cute. I want to talk to him but I don't want him to think I'm weird. I decide to put him out of my mind because I'm never going to see him again after this flight. I want to watch a movie on my IPad but I don't have headphones. I told Klaus and he said to ask the flight attendant. When getting up from my seat, I glance over to the boy's seat and noticed it was empty. "Probably went to the washroom or something," I thought. I stop thinking about the boy for a minute until I see him. Again. He's talking to the flight attendant. I take a deep breath and go towards the attendant and the boy. "Hi! May I please have some headphones?" I ask. "Of course sweetheart!" she says sweetly. While she goes and grabs my headset, the boy introduces himself. "H-hello! I'm Cal Stone," he says shyly. "Hi, I'm Violet Weissman," I say confidently. "That's a cool name!" Cal complemented. "Thanks! Your name is cool too". "Thank you". There was an awkward silence between us that was only five seconds but felt like five and a half years. Bethany, the flight attendant breaks the silence by giving us our headphones. "Thank you" Cal and I say at the same time causing the both of us to blush. "You're welcome!" Bethany says. We make our way back to our seats. "Finally! You took forever!" Klaus complained. "Sorry!" I say. I plug in my headphones and watch my favourite movie. Up. I used to watch this movie with my dad. That's why it's my favourite. It reminds me of him.

10 minutes into the movie I feel the plane starting to shake violently. Klaus wraps his arms around me in a protective way. All of a sudden, I feel a surge of electricity through my gains. Then, everything stopped. " Sorry for that extreme turbulence everyone." I start flicking on my hair tie. " Violet, are you okay?" Klaus asked. "I'm fine. What about you" I replied. "I feel like I just got electrocuted" he half-joked. I chuckled and wonder why I felt like that too. I decide to forget about it and move on. It's probably nothing. Right? "Sorry folks we are diverting to Stewart Airport up in Newburgh." he said as all the passengers groaned "Spitting distance from the city but for any of those who are trying to make a connecting flight, we owe you one. Flight attendants, prepare for landing" Dally finished as the cabin bell dinged. Once we landed I took a deep breath. You can relax Violet. It's fine now. You're safe. "And the inconvenience continues we've been asked to deplane right here on the tarmac," Dally said. "Cool". I hear Cal say.

When we step on the tarmac, we see a bunch of police cars and officers. "What's going on?" I hear a woman say. "What's going on is that this plan departed on April 7th, 2013. Today is November 4th, 2018. You've all been missing, presumed dead for five and a half years." I stand next to my brother completely dumbfounded. This has to be a joke. Right? I'm just dreaming. Right? I pinched myself and unfortunately, I'm not dreaming. I remember how Cal said "Cool" earlier. This was far from cool.

I sit in the cold interaction room. "What is your name?" says the man. "Violet" "I'm Detective Vance. I'm with the NSA and I need you to tell me what happened on the flight." "I don't know what happened on the flight. All I remember is that there was lightning that came out of nowhere then just went away." "Are you sure?" "Yes" "Ok you're free to go". I come out of the room and see Klaus anxiously waiting for me. "How did it go?" he says with a concerned face. "It was okay. They're kinda annoying though". Klaus chuckled softly. "Well It's my turn to go in." "Ok, good luck" "Thank you and remember, don't talk to strangers and stay right here" "Got it!" "Great". I take a deep breath as I watch Klaus walk into the room. I start to flick my hair tie again. This is all too much. Us being missing for five years. Where were we all this time? It only felt like we were gone for a day. What if my mom doesn't come back for Klaus and me? What if she's dead? What if Derek had to take care of us? Why are there so many people in here? Being in large crowds makes me nervous. I start breathing heavily. I don't know what's happening. I just can't breathe. A lady beside me must have noticed my breathing pattern because she said she held my hand. "Don't worry, you're okay. I know this is a lot to handle but are you okay. Just breathe in and out," she said calmly. I inhaled and exhaled a couple of times. Soon I start to feel relaxed and my breathing is normal. "T-thank you," I said. "No problem! What's your name?" "I'm Violet" "That's a pretty name. My name is Mikayla". I soon realized that this was the lady who sat next to Cal. I see Cal with some guy walk up to Mikayla. "This is all so crazy," the man said. I make eye contact with Cal. I smiled and waved at him. "Hi," he says softly. "Hi" I replied. "Wait how do you know each other?" asked Mikayla. "We meet each other on the plane," I say. "Yeah, we both needed headphones," he says. My brother Klaus comes up behind me. "That was nerve-wracking," he says. "Well, it's over now so you can relax," I say in a positive tone. Klaus was about to say something until we hear an announcement. "Alright everyone, we have finished our interrogation. You may now go to the hanger to see your family." I look at Cal and he looks at me. "It was nice meeting you," I said to him. "I was nice meeting you too. I hope we see each other again" "Me too. Bye!" "Bye"

Klaus and I make our way to the hanger. Then it occurred to me. Whose picking us up?

«───── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ─────»
This Chapter is kinda long.