Chapter Eighteen, Large families Reunited

(Outfit above for second half of the chapter)

Chapter Eighteen, Large Families Reunited

Upon arriving the Aubert-Weasley family signed in much like they did at the Ceremony in what seemed like a lifetime ago, only this time it took longer as everyone stopped them to congratulate them and gawp at the twins which was uncommon if not extremely rare to happen for the first pregnancy. But they weren't all nice comments.
"Oh, they are just adorable."
"Are we sure that this is their first pregnancy? I for one think it's their second and they had a stillbirth." Was one snide comment they heard.
"Martha! You can't say that!" A scandalised hissed was heard as they walked past acting like they didn't hear the comment that caused their Dragel's to roar in fury demanding retribution.

Their anger and magic boiling under their very skin as their wings trembled underneath their skin a second away from bursting forth. The only thing that stopped them was their precious daughters in Mia's and Blaise's arms. As they made to move away from them Martha's brother-in-law Jace Singh approached them with an apologetic look upon his face.
"I'm so sorry you had to deal with that." He apologised sincerely. "I'm Jace Singh, brother to her mate and your new business investor -"
"Jaylen Singh. Yes I remember." André interrupted.
"Anyway she's a stuck-up bitch who thinks she knows it all. Anyway, sorry again." Jace apologised once more.
"Thank you." Fred answered tersely, remembering him from the mate meets, and he wasn't as kind as he was making out to be.

With a hand on the small of Mia's back he and André led their family over to the left hand side of the hall where the children's play area was located and where their large and extensive family said they would be. Trying to shake off their anger they joined in the conversations flowing around their large group, slowly but surely their anger ebbed away as they relaxed around their family; smiles pulling at their lips as they watched the children play, the sounds of their laughter filling their ears.

***

"Mia, love, calm down and take a breath." Damon cautioned, clasping his mate's shoulders and stopping her from darting around the house with Dobby making sure it was all clean and presentable for their guests. Bill, Fleur, Charlie, Neville and Luna were arriving today via the special Portkey they had been gifted by the King and Queen. It will be the first time the five of them had visited The Nether Realm let alone their house and Mia had worked herself into a right state as the effects of her relatives had on her came into play. Mia had been up at four, taking the twins downstairs with her, placing them in the bassinet in the kitchen while she cooked scones, cakes, prepared everything for lunch, cleaned the entire house before even a Dobby got up.

Once he saw the frantic state of his Mistress and how she was wearing herself thin by trying to care for the twins and tidy the already clean house, he went and woke the four of them up to help him calm her down. As soon as they had come downstairs Blaise and Fred took over caring for their twins and getting them ready for the day, André and Dobby tidying up the kitchen and making sure everything was prepared as Remus, Dora, Ginny, Molly and Arthur were also coming over for a visit, and George, Chantelle, Elijah and their kids were coming over the following day, while Damon tried to calm Mia down.

And it had worked until there was a knock on the door sending Mia into another panic as she and Damon were the only ones not even dressed.
"Oh no." Mia fretted looking down at the flour covered apron she was still wearing over her pjs.
"Mia, take a breath. I know the Dursleys wanted everything perfect and would hurt you if you or their house wasn't perfect but there's no need to be this way with us and nor will we hurt you or let anyone else hurt you." Damon assured her, hugging her close, holding her head to his neck so she could breathe in his scent which effectively made her calm down. Satisfied she was calm as she was going to get for now, Damon moved away to open the door revealing Molly holding a large pot of sausage casserole.

"I thought I'd save you all the trouble of cooking later and give Dobby a break." Molly suggested kindly.
"Thank you Molly, you are a lifesaver." Damon sighed in relief. "Sweetheart, why don't you go for a swim to relax and have a break?" He suggested.
"Okay, I think I will. I love you." Mia agreed, kissing Damon tenderly in the lips. "Thank you Molly." She added gratefully, once they pulled apart.
"You're welcome dear. Now, go relax. You are entitled to a little me-time; it doesn't make you a bad mother. In fact it makes you a good one." Molly reassured her, giving her a tight hug. Nodding, Mia turned to head upstairs to change when she was called back by Damon.
"Mia, I love you too." Damon called. Beaming Mia headed upstairs taking the stairs two at a time until she reached her bedroom.

***

That afternoon Mia was feeling much calmer as she smiled and joked around with her God-brother, Neville, Luna held Rowena and Fleur held Cressida, the pair of them bonding with their new nieces, and Bill and Charlie caught everyone up on what was happening in Wizarding Britain, their work and personal lives, and what was happening with Percy, Ron, and Hermione (the latter pair severely getting in Charlie and Bill's nerves with their incessant whining about every little thing. A content sigh left Mia's lips as she meant back against the sofa sipping at a hot honey tea for a change relishing in the feel of being with the family she had always wished and prayed for.

"Mia, are you alright?" Neville asked his sister concerned.
"I'm perfect, Nev, just perfect. I've got the family I've always wanted." Mia sighed happily, a beaming smile on her lips.
"And no one deserves it more than you, Cub." Remus joined in, leaning over to kiss her temple, Neville agreeing with Remus, as he told his sister all about the new plants and animals they'd learnt at Hogwarts, which had taken a complete revamp once Minerva McGonagall was made Headmistress.
'This is the life I've always dreamed of.' Mia thought blissfully, looking around at all the happy faces. 'And if this is a dream, it's a dream I never want to wake up from.'

The End!!!