Chapter 3 Splishin and Splashin Before Meeting A Little Fox

A/N Hah! Chapter 3 here we are! I know it's been a while since I added any thing to this, but I had good reason! I was mainly focusing on my other stories so I could still give good content there. Now that I have done that! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! It's longer than I originally thought but eh! That's great for you all! On to the chapter!

Previously.......

      A small smile coming to your lips as you reached your hand out and placed it on his cheek. At your action, his cheeks reddened, his eyes wide as he stared at you. Feeling like his entire body was burning inside, he stuttered, "Y....Y/N what are you?-"

     He stopped at the feeling of your finger softly rubbing his cheek. He blinks as he takes in your tender smile and slightly teary face. You look at his face before gently saying, "Monkey? Is that you?"

    You watch with bated breath as he blinks before bringing his hand up to yours; gently placing his over yours, he smiled warmly before teasing, "Who else would it be?~" Your eyes widened at his words before you launched yourself into his arms. Wrapping your arms and legs around his body, your sudden weight cause your old friend to stumble back. Quickly regaining his footing, Sun brought his gaze down to your beaming face. Seeing you brightly smiling at him, Sun felt a smile of his own form before he squeezed your body closer. Hugging you for the first time in forever it seemed. Breaking away after you two's little moment, Sun let you down gently.

     As your feet found the ground again, you excitedly asked, "Tell me! What all did you learn while you were away Monkey!" At your question your friend proudly smirked before replying, "Ah! Ah! It's not 'Monkey' anymore! I'm now Sun Wukong!" You blinked before testing the name on your lips, "Sun Wukong? Hmm. I like it!" At the sound of his new name being said by you, Sun found that he liked the way it sounded when you said it. The small reunion was broken by the voice of the 'elder' saying, "Yes yes! This is all very nice and sweet, but Y/N this is now our King!" You grinned at the title your friend was gifted, "King huh? I think it suits you Sun!" At your comments Sun smiled proudly. Looking at Sun, the 'elder' addressed him, "You now are our  King! The Handsome Monkey King."

       Hearing those words, you watched as your friend shouted out excitedly, his arms beating his chest before he lounged on the nearby rock. He kicked his feet in glee while laughing as the 'elder' restated, "The Handsome Monkey King!" The others excitedly joined in while the Sun said, "The Handsome Monkey King!" His eyes met yours before a proud look appeared on his face. Grinning at you, Sun teased, "Well Y/N? Does The Handsome Monkey King sound about right?" You chuckled as you leaned against the rock Sun was lounging on. Looking at him in a mock observation, you snickered at the nervous look Sun got. Rolling your eyes in amusement, you stated, "Relax! I think The Handsome Monkey King fits you perfectly."

    Smiling at your approval, Sun then looked back to the others before stating, "I will protect everyone." You watched as the 'elder' asked, "But what if you are not here? Who will protect us?" You rolled your eyes before commenting, "What do you call the past couple years of me being here?" At your question the 'elder' looked at you blankly before replying, "Says the one that was late here." Just as you were about to get smart with the 'elder', Sun quickly looked around as the others grew worried. He reassured, "No need for panic. I'll find you powerful weapons." The 'elder' quickly motioned for the new King to follow, "Come on." They both approached the edge of the cave floor; down below the falls all converged into the sea. You walk forward as well to stand at the edge besides them while the Sun asks, "Where? You know where there are weapons?"

      The 'elder' pointed down at the converging falls before stating, "The water beneath the bridge leads to the Dragon Palace in the East Ocean. There are many rare treasures inside. The Palace is located deep in the sea. It could be dangerous." You leaned over to get a better look before the feeling of an arm gently pushing you back a little. Looking up to see Sun, you gave him a questioning glance that he answered with, "I'm just making sure you don't fall down this time around." You chuckle at the memory of him falling from the tree before moving back from the edge. Sun turns to the others before saying, "Wait here for me." Just as he makes to leap off you rush and stop him, exclaiming, "Now wait just a minute! You must be crazy if you think I'm not coming with you! As your friend and as your healer, no ifs, ands, or buts!" You were determined to accompany Sun to the Dragon Palace whether he liked it or not. Sun blinked before grinning and saying, "I wouldn't have it any other way!"