7. A Story Long Overdue

Quick warning, this chapter is mainly partial exposition on the main character's past. Sorry in advance.

_______

I scratched my head as I sat in front of my idols turned colleagues. Whenever people asked about y/n's past I would either tell them to ask him or just ignore them, but this is different. They saw things that cannot be just brushed off.

"Where to even begin..." I mumbled to myself.

"How about you start from the furthest into his past that you know of." Replied Ahri who must have heard me thanks to her Vastyan features.

I sighed. "Well, thanks to Evelynn, I now know that what I'm about to tell you is at the very least before he was fourteen."

"Wait, he never said anything about living in Zaun?" Asked the diva, her eyes laser focused on me since we sat down.

I shook my head. "I think he's not comfortable about his history after... well his parents and all." I answered which earned different gestures of understanding from the girls.

"Then let's start this thing already." Grunted Akali laying lazily on her part of the couch she and Kai'Sa were sitting on.

"As I said before, he was born in Kumangra and most likely lived there until the age of twelve or thirteen." I told them with a frown on my face.

"Why would you assume those years if I may ask?" Kindly interrupted Kai'Sa with a raised hand.

"The first sightings of the cult started when he was twelve while the genocides in independent states like his, started when he was thirteen." I answered with a scowl.

"You've done your research, but official information can only get you so far." We heard a familiar voice away from us. "And here I thought you said you wouldn't dig into my past."

We turned towards it and saw y/n leaning calmly against a wall with a sad smile on his face.

"Y/N!" All of us except Kai'Sa exclaimed as we stood up.

"I'm sorry! I really am, but after all that happened and all that I've learned recently, I couldn't help but research a bit during my free time today." I defended myself shamefully.

He sighed while motioning for us to calm down with a hand. "My parents and I moved to Zaun a couple of months before I turned thirteen. You can probably guess why through context."

"What are you doing up?" I said while approaching him. "You should be resting."

He gave a smile that he only gives to me, and miss fiora I guess.

"Don't worry so much, it'll give you wrinkles." He joked which surprised the others.

He may seem cold and uncaring from afar, but once you get close to him, you'll find a gentle soul that will genuinely love you. Though I have to admit that he doesn't joke often.

"Well, stop making me worried and I will." I joked back with a giggle.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw that two of the girls were trying to hide their irritation as an atmosphere settled between him and I. That red headed thief calls it our 'couple vibe'. I love the angry expressions she does when that happens. Back on my previous observation though.

"Looks like I have more competition now. Not that it matters, he only looks at me like that... and miss Fiora, but she doesn't count!"