10. Memories/After Evelynn/Janna.txt (part 1)

Disclaimer: this chapter was written before the release of Arcane. The story of some characters will therefore differ from cannon. Then again, that's the case for most characters.

Additional notes! I went back and changed a few things from the previous chapter which are going to be listed below. (These were done at the beginning of October)

1- Removed the Aurelion Sol reference.

2- Changed Fiora's role as a mother figure to a guardian.

3- Changed Demacia's socio-political situation mentioned by Seraphine to be more like the cannon civil war.

4- Changed y/n's father backstory to not be about hextech crystals anymore. See chapter 7 for more details.

5- Changed y/n's previous part time job to be a Zaun factory worker instead of mine related.

6- Gave Ahri her fox fires instead of random "offensive orbs" in chapter 2. Admittedly, I should have looked up her abilities before writing this.

7- Added a little sentence when Fiora leaves in chapter 5.

8- Tweaked y/n's and Evelynn's conversation from the previous chapter to fit events from this chapter.

For those who saw the preview, you might find yourself disappointed to find that I had to cut this chapter in two parts because this one reached 10k words before I knew it. Sorry about that.

There will be an important message after the chapter.

_______

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes, pain coursing through my whole body. My retinas burned at the smallest glimpse of light forcing them closed once more. My ears were ringing as intense pressure filled my head.

"Where... am I..." I wondered.

Based on what I managed to glimpse, I was laying down deep inside an alley. I couldn't seem to remember how I got here or why I was hurt so badly. Whenever I tried, the pressure in my head would become stronger just as the ringing in my ears would.

Seeing as this wouldn't work, I instead tried to focus on what I did remember.

"Evelynn. Where's Evelynn? Is she alri-"

Pain shot to my head as if my brain itself was throbbing.

"Just some kid... then I learned that he was a leech."

"Leech"

"Leech"

"Leech"

I tried to groan yet only managed to release a pained moan as I unconsciously pressured my head onto the pavement. As it subsided, I finally managed to open my eyes without pain. Unfortunately, my vision was incredibly blurry and didn't seem to show any sign of clearing up soon. Based on the colors, I could tell that I was facing the entrance of whatever alley I'm in.

"Gotta... move... can't let a cleaner... spot me."

I tried to prop myself up with my arms only to fall on one side as I noticed that only one of them was moving. Lifting myself on the one that functioned, I looked down at myself and saw a limp arm bent in the wrong direction.