06| The Bittersweet Reuinon

06| The Bittersweet Reunion

     Lyn wiped the sweat from her forehead as she had walked a long way in the suns. With their rays punching down on her, it felt like an eternity before she reached his front door.

    As she approached the hut, she took note of the land-speeder that was parked to the side. She figured he'd gotten tired of walking everywhere, which he'd always done. She reluctantly smiled as she thought about how they would walk great miles and more, whereas now she could barely walk one without complaining.

    Lyn raised her hand as she knocked on the door. She waited a moment and tried again but to no avail nobody had answered. She turned around to the speeder parked.

   Well, someone is home.

   She took a step back as she studied the hut, thinking of any explanation.

   Unless he's walking somewhere?

   Lyn stepped back towards the hut as she tried the knob, nearly scoffing at herself. Tatooine was no place to leave things unlocked as it would be fair ground to the natives and others.

     Lyn waved her hand and unlocked it making sure to open the door slowly and just enough to peak her head in. She figured she'd see him and if not, she'd just stay till he got back. She closed the door behind her as she looked around with a feeling of nostalgia coming over her.

     The place hadn't changed at all.

     She took a deep breath as she continued looking around. Not even making it halfway through the living room, she felt a presence. She walked closer, gripping her staff as she approached the door of the room it had been radiating from, and distinguished the presence into two. The only reason why she stayed hostile was because they didn't seem friendly, both were defensive and felt ready to attack.

     She held her staff, wondering if she should use her saber. Lyn let out a breath, she'd get it the instant something went wrong, for now it was the staff. She slowly put her hand on the knob, twisting it slowly. She opened it enough to see a peak and instantly froze when she saw the familiar droids.

     Those spilt seconds of seeing the droids made her world light up, something was going right.

    "R2—" She tried as she entered the room but was met with a force that knocked her back into the wall. She quickly held her staff, holding it by both ends to block any hit but sighed with a breathy chuckle as she dropped it.

    "Hello to you too." She groaned as she got up rubbing her back.

     There he was, standing with a bewildered face, the man who took care of her, trained her, and all in all raised her, Obi-Wan Kenobi, or what he preferred, Ben. He was there standing with his hands to his mouth in surprise, like a kid finding a room full of candy.

     As she stood up, she didn't look over the bantha in the room, there had been a dirty-blonde headed person next to Ben with not a surprised face but a lost one, like a puppy.

    "Oh my." Obi-Wan gasped. "I'm sorry." He lightly chuckled as he went to Lyn.

     They hugged each other as if this was the first time seeing in each other in years, which to a sense was true.

     "I thought you were someone else." He said as he pulled out of the hug. He took in her appearance; it may have not been an eternity, but she grew and changed in those short years. Her features were sharper and sternly defined. Her eyes looked like they held many experiences, both good and bad as he also noticed the darkness beneath her eyes. It almost brought tears to his eyes because of how much she changed, but he didn't let them show.