Three.

03. FORGOTTEN

——

you closed your book and looked down at your boyfriend who's peacefully sleeping on your lap. your hand immediately found its way on his hair, combing it gently while you watch his face contort in satisfaction and comfort.

it's 2 in the afternoon and yet both of you are lazing around under a tree shade in the park. since it's been a whole week since you had a free time, you suggested to have a little break and snag the day to go on a park date with mitsuya.

instead of an actual date which includes eating in a restaurant, watching a movie or walking around with hands intertwined, mitsuya brought you in the park and laid down on your lap.

fortunately, you brought a small book with you, keeping you entertained as mitsuya drifted off to his dream land.

slowly, he opened his eyes and your gaze met, he smiled. "does your leg hurt?" he asked, sitting up.

now that he mention it, you noticed how your lower half felt asleep until it started to feel like thousand of needles are piercing it. "it's numb." you whined and mitsuya laughed, helping you relax your feet.

while you focus on your leg, two pair of shoes stopped in front of you.

"yo! mitsuya!" when they spoke, you looked up and saw draken with mikey beside him. "you on a date?"

mitsuya's eyebrows almost met, which was very unusual for him. "as you can see," he scoffed.

"sorry to disturb you, man. we were just looking around the place when i saw you, i thought of inviting you to a small get-together."

"for what?"

"just for something. no reason at all, are you busy?"

mitsuya looked at you, "do you wanna go?"

"huh? oh, sure." you answered absentmindedly, doesn't know why you were the one who get to decide if you'll go.

when he heard your answer he turned to draken with a grim expression, "what time is it and where?"

"at takemichi and hina's place, uh... you can come around 8 or 8:30 pm. make sure you have some space for food on your stomach, we won't let you off without a glass of beer."

-

as scheduled, after mitsuya had tucked his sisters to bed, he went to your house to pick you up. you just wore a simple skirt and a tank top, pairing it with a messy bun.

mitsuya, again, made you ride his impulse. your arms circling on with his waist, nuzzling your cheek on his shoulder. you were going too fast, you felt the air and wind parting as you go.

the motor stopped in front of red gate, the windows are opened and there seemed to be sillhouette inside. you decided to push the doorbell attached on one of the pillar of the gate.

just a few ring and hinata came rushing, opening the gate for the two of you. "y/n!" she beamed, excited as she threw herself for a hug. "i'm glad you came!"

"thank draken for inviting us." you snickered back, returning her hug.

on the mention of draken's name, mitsuya gritted his teeth, hand balling into a fist. you don't know but his chest was burning in annoyance.

hina motioned both of you inside, chattering as you walk. you didn't even notice mitsuya had already walked towards his friends as you got lost in hinata's stories.

"and then, he just proposed out of the blue- though i totally expected it, " she bragged, showing off the silver engagement ring on her left ring finger.

a tiny bit of jealousy sparked in your chest. how happy was hinata when takemicchi proposed? will you feel blissed when mitsuya kneeled in front of you, too? and when will that happen, you wonder.

"am i invited in your wedding?" you teased, nudging her with your elbow.

"of course you are! do you wanna be a bride's maid?"

"that's such an honor!" your conversation went on and on until you saw draken approaching you. he sat right beside you while playing with a glass of booze on his hand.

hinata eyed him and chuckle, "draken-kun, i wonder who takemicchi will choose as his best man."

draken responded with a deep laugh, "you guys already planning the wedding?"

"n-no, just what if," she was flushed, caught on act with her daydream.

"i don't know. mikey, maybe?" as he answered, his gaze drifted onto you, smiling. "y/n, hold off on your alcohol. you never know what you'll do when you're drunk."

"you worry to much," you smiled, "besides, mitsuya's here so no worries."

"yeah, he's here... unlike before." his words were unclear, but you decided to not ask further. you weren't interested to begin with.

chatters and talks continued. mitsuya came holding his own portion of drinks, but he doesn't seem tipsy nor drunk, though he was quiet all night.

as the night deepens, the party starts to get chaotic as mikey and the others get drunk, dancing on the pre-made stage, disco lights attached on the ceiling and music blasting on the room.

"hey, y/n, let's dance?" a hand was extended at you, draken prodding you to dance with him.

"sure, let's go!" thinking to just dance with draken, since he was one of the few you got along with, you stood up but before you could take a step away from the table, mitsuya held your wrist, pulling you back.

"y/n, sit down."

"eh- but..."

mitsuya's teeth sinks on the inside of his cheeks as he lets go of you, "s-sorry." his action made you beyond frustrated.

turning to draken, you apologized and decided to just not dance. it was a shame though, you wanted to dance your heart out there.

"takashi, are you already drunk?" you asked a question that you already know the answer.

he sighed, looking at you. "let me take you home now, y/n."

maybe he wasn't in the mood today, you thought, shrugging off unwanted notions.

you informed hinata and takemicchi saying a made-up reason for your early out. fortunately, you were able to convince them.

your boyfriend walked straight out of the house, mounting his motor without saying a thing, so you did the same. but as he starts the engine, the fuels says empty.

"ah, damn," he cursed softly, voice laced with obvious irritation.

"takashi, what's wrong?" it wasn't like him to lose his cool over something so trivial. he didn't answer, he just stare off in the dark street, probably waiting for an idea to spark in his mind.

but while he was thinking, draken went out of the house too, playing with his car keys. "oh, i thought you guys already left."

you glanced at him and then at mitsuya, "the fuel's empty." you sighed.

"i can take you home if you like." draken suggested, pointing at his car parked right beside the motorbike. "it's already late to wait for a bus or taxi to pass by."

mitsuya's grip tightened on his motor handlebar, giving draken a side glance. "mind if you also take me home?"

"uh... sure?"

now, you are slightly sure that there's a growing tension between the two. why? well, you probably know why but had forgotten- or chose to forget about it.