Nine.

09. MISSING HER

--

"luna," mitsuya called his sister, and as the girl played with her own fingers, he already know that she also knows what was wrong. "why didn't you do your assignment? your teacher called me."

she kept her head low, "sorry."

"if it's too hard for you, you can always ask me for help."

but you always look like you're mad lately, luna spoke in her mind, nodding at his brother.

as mitsuya packed their lunch and took them to school, he quickly went to his work place, not thinking of any thing and just continue sewing clothes.

he made himself busy, not even a space for sadness to slip in. he was too preoccupied, in a bad way.

it was already nine thirty when he decided to go home, in haste that his sisters might be hungry now. he rode his impulse, roaring on the road- and in the whole ten minutes of ride, his mind had a slight recollection of how warm arms wrapped around his waist, breath fanning on his nape and strands of hair slightly slapping on his cheeks.

you always liked riding his motor.

"oni-chan, the teacher wanted to see you," luna dropped her own bomb, making mitsuya tear his eyes off from the pan.

what did you do this time? is what he wanted to ask, but he knew that it won't do her sister any good. he turned off the stove and faced luna.

"what happened?"

"uhm..."

"are you in trouble?"

luna lifted her gaze and met with her brother, "a guy in my class always mock me so i told my teacher about it but he said he'll tell his father- so the teacher said that you should also come."

mitsuya scratched his nape and nodded, "okay, what time?"

"same time when you take us to school."

"okay, okay. it's good you told your teacher." it was somehow shocking that mitsuya didn't notice his sister's dilemma. he regretted not paying even a single bit of attention to the child.

as promised, mitsuya met the teacher, sitting across them are the boy who mocked luna and beside him is the father. mitsuya frowned, both look suspiciously rude.

"so are you the father? you're quite young." the teacher exclaimed, throwing him a judging look.

"ah- no, just the brother."

he heard the other side scoff, "so where is the father? were you both abandoned-"

this doesn't sound right for mitsuya, "say that again and you'll see my fist flying on your face."

"is that a threat?" along with those words, the man's fist met with mitsuya's stomach, making his groan and almost vomit blood.

-

"you didn't have to fetch me here every morning-" words cut as you clutch down on your stomach, feeling a sudden jab.