Twelve.

12. LOVE SICK

--

"what the fuck do you think you're doing?" draken huffed the moment you woke up making your ears ring and your wrist sting.

you eyed him with a horrified expression, "how's mitsuya?!"

his face changed from pissed to puzzled, "how did you know about him-"

"so i was right?! did he cut himself?"

"you did too! why did you cut your wrist then call me afterwards?"

you slapped him in his shoulder using your other hand, "if i wanted to die, i wouldn't have asked for your help. where is mitsuya?"

"... i don't understand what's going on with you, y/n. how did you know about mitsuya and what happened to your wrist? care to enlighten me?"

"okay," you forced yourself to sit back, "i just found out about this, but me and mitsuya's basically connected through pain- i mean, i am, i can feel his pain and all his injury is also linked to my body."

"okay... now that's so far fetched."

"if you don't believe me, do you have any other explanation about my wrist?"

he averted his gaze for a moment, "mitsuya also got admitted here a moment ago. he tried to kill himself, if yuzuha didn't discover him a little earlier... i couldn't imagine what would've happen."

a shaky breath escaped your lips. you were right, but how could mitsuya do that to himself? he still have his sisters. you could feel your hot tears drenching your cheeks and all draken could do was excuse himself out of the room to give you some space.

but not long before draken left, the door bursted open and you saw yuzuha rushing forward your bed.

"y/n!"

now that you think about it, it never occured in you that mitsuya and yuzuha are close. he did mention about hakkai being his friend on his middle and highschool but you didn't know he and yuzuha, hakkai's sister also has a close relation.

"yuzuha."

and another thing popped in your head, why is she concerning herself right now. and why was she the one to discover and save mitsuya from his own carelessness?

"are you okay?" instead of being happy that your friend was concern about your well-being, the sob that you've been holding back for a while escaped your lips, busting the quiet room.

she quickly sat beside your bed and pulled you in for a hug while being careful not to put pressure on your wrist. her gentle hand rubbing circle at your back while she whisper comforting words.

"shh- you're safe, he's safe..."

"i'm sorry."

"it's not your fault. it's no one's fault. what's important is both of you are safe, you're still with us."

this woman is your friend and at the same time a person whom you wished was you. you envied her the moment you met her, 12 years ago.

she's the embodiment of a character that was living in your head, she's an idol. she's a star that was shining even from afar. she's kind and brave, a perfect fit of attitude kept well inside a beautiful body.

"is he really okay?" you managed to ask after crying all your frustration out.

"he is, physically- but that's just right now, y/n." yuzuha looked at you, placing her one hand above yours that was placed on your lap, "i don't know the details about your break-up, and also, i don't mean to pry but... he was so hurt, y/n."

"i'm so-"

"i was with him for a few days because i'm a friend of him, too. he looked after my brother when they were a kid and he saved us. honestly, i thought he was okay, i thought he's doing good but then this happened. he's bottling it up."

this time, you were too overwhelmed to speak. you were just there, staring at yuzuha while she talk.

"y/n, i know it's also hard for you and i know you're also hurt, but you need to talk to him... and clarify things up. i don't want to see him in pain... this is not the mitsuya i know."

he's strong, and yet because of you, he's weak.

"what if he doesn't want to see me, and he'll just get worse if he saw me."

"closure is all you need, y/n. i may not know shit about your break-up, but one thing i'm sure off, it wasn't a good one. well, every break-up is bad, but you should still talk and clarify your feelings once and for all. bottled up emotions will never do you any good."

"yuzuha... you're so kind."

for a moment she stared at you before she smiled, "if you really think i am, then thank you."

-

mitsuya felt a pair of eyes burning a hole in his back, staring at him for almost a whole to minutes. "yuzuha?"

"glad that you finally woke up. what's up?"

he glanced at her, eyes void of emotion. "nothing."

"it's fortunate your sisters were still at school. what should i say if they ask where you are?" her voice now laced with annoyance, her heels clanking on the tiled floor as she walk closer.

"..." tongue was tied, his head floating somewhere, he knew he's regretting. glad he's still alive. he was stupid and hasty, neglecting to think before he act.

"if i tell you something, promise me you'll not cry, cause if you do... i'll smack you in the face as hard as i can."

he gulped before nodding, shifting in his uncomfortable position in the bed, the wires of the IV fluid restraining his movement.

"once soulmates break apart, the other one could feel your pain- to make it simple, as you cut your wrist without mind, you're also cutting y/n's skin."

all color left his face, blood rushing to his chest, pulse raising uncontrollably. as if he ran a marathon, his breathing fast and shallow.

"what?"

"yes," the woman squinted her eyes, giving him an irritated look, "now tell me, what pushed you to do that to yourself? you're not that kind of man."

though his hands and lips shaking, his dilated eyes moved to look at his company, "i saw her having fun with draken. i thought my existence was already all for naught."

"you both are so lovesick, drowning in your own faults."