Six.

06. RAIN

——

luna and mana looked at their brother who was staring into the pan, egg almost burnt.

"o-oni-chan," mana tugged him in his shirt, trying to get him back into reality. he's been so out of his mind, maybe because he was ignoring sleep and wasn't even eating right.

"ah, sorry," he quickly scooped the egg out and served it in a plate, almost black and not even brown.

mitsuya sighed after he took his sisters to school, he didn't bother with his own breakfast and went straight to work.

his shoulder feels heavy while he sketches the next clothes he's about to sew. though hands working with his pen and paper, his mind was somewhere, his mind was with you still.

somehow, at the back of his mind, he's regretting the thing he did. was it really a good thing that he let you go?

but why didn't she stop me? he thought, tears dropping on his canvas.

eight hours on his work wasn't enough, even at home, after he tucked luna and mana to bed he was still working on some clothes, sewing, sketching and finishing things up. it was his way of coping up with the heart break.

the next day when he was taking his sisters to school, he saw draken. his gut quickly turned. he wasn't mad or anything, it just makes his blood boil in the worst possible way.

draken is a friend, yet he did something he know i would hate.

mitsuya decided to ignore him, but draken held him in his arm, forcing him to stop. "can we talk? i need to explain something."

"it's alright, man. i understand, now."

his forehead creased, "what do you understand?"

"it's not your fault, it's not her fault, it's the liquior is it not?" mitsuya looked at him, straight into his eyes, but there was something- sarcasm?

on reflex, draken's fist 'moved on it's own' and punched mitsuya straight to his face, blood dripping to the corner of his mouth, lips busted.

"fuck," he let out an exasperated sigh, peeking at his tight fist.

"do you think i deserve that punch, draken?"

"no, you don't. it's just that... you shouldn't blame anyone for this. it's a whole mess, but i'm sorry."

mitsuya closed his eyes, backing out for a moment before letting his fist fly towards draken's jaw. "your apology is not needed."

-

"sleep now, mana." he looked at his sister, her droopy eyes tells him how sleepy she is but she still doesn't.

"are you okay, nii-chan?"

averting his gaze, he cleared his throat. honestly, he doesn't know if he's alright or not, but he should be, he will be.

he touched her sister's cheeks, pecking a kiss on her forehead, "i am, good night."

when he was already on his room, he sat at the edge of his bed, tense muscle calming down before all the guilt and sadness came crushing back. it was as if a heavy rain concentrated all above his head.

darkness shrouding his chest, he hasn't felt real pain for a long time unlike before when he was still in a gang, punches and kicks he takes- but this, this heaviness on his chest is much more painful. he succumbs to it.