what?!

he came back into the bathroom to find you head in your arms, leaning over the sink swaying your hips left to right. he took you in his arms, turning you so your head was buried in his chest. his hands were placed on your hips helping you sway still while his lips were kissing the crown on your head. "what did the midwife say?" you said as another contraction hit over you. you grabbed his shirt and squeezed it. he knew what was happening again and kept swaying you side to side and kissing you. after it passed he said "she said she'll be over soon to check you out. she said to keep you moving, walking, or something like that to help the baby come down. she won't be long" still in your embrace.
   he helped you start walking around the room when all of a sudden, someone was at the door. he told you stay there while he runs to get it. you nodded and he came back within less than a minute. the midwife entered after him and placed her stuff down next to the door. "hello y/n, you doing ok?" she said as she got her things out. "yeah, just something feels wrong and i didn't know what to do" you said making your way towards her. "don't worry, i think i know what's going on with her in there. it's completely ok don't worry!" she said looking up at you with a smile. you returned the smile and then she said "where would you like to be sat while i examine you y/n?". you stood there thinking and then you looked at jack who was helping you stand. he didn't care what she was doing, he just wanted his two girls safe. "can we do it on the bed?" you said quietly but loud enough for them to hear. jack came towards your ear and whispered "darling, idc where you do this, all i want is for you both to be safe ok?" you smiled and slowly made your way towards the bed. the midwife placed a towel of her own underneath you. you had shorts and a sports bra on so you took down your shorts so she could check you.

jack was standing right beside you, holding your hand rubbing his thumb up and down the roof of your hand as you both wait in tension. your stomach ties itself into a million knots waiting for her to say something. you could feel a pair of eyes watching your every move and you knew who it was. you knew he was so scared and nervous about everything just like you. you turned your head towards his and smiled. not just a normal smile, a comforting smile. being with him took all the pain and worries away in an instant. you then heard "congratulations, you are in labor!". your heart sunk. you felt dizzy, you didn't know what to do, you felt helpless.
jack felt the same way but he was a bit more relaxed because he knew that he had to be there for you throughout the whole birth. he saw you kinda just lay there in shock as the midwife took off her gloves. you sat there for a few seconds and then pushed yourself up onto the back of the bed. "what do i need to do? my water hasn't broken yet" you said still in shock a bit. "it's ok, don't worry about anything. all you need to do are these things. 1: walk. 2: medicine ball & swaying. 3: rest, you'll need it!"