Legends & Myths : Bittersweet

Beta-ed by @YupinaYui <3 Thank you so much <3<3

_________________

Sounds of chains dragging on the white marbled floor echoed throughout the Phoenix's Palace throne chamber as a certain navy blue haired tanned man was forcefully pushed onto his knees. A palace soldier firmly grabbed his navy hair before roughly pushing Daiki's head against the white marble floor.  

A pained groan escaped his chapped lips and every inch of his body burning with pain. Daiki could barely stay conscious, his vision wavering in and out, and the fact that he wasn't given any meals for the past five days made it even worse. His exposed tanned back adorned angry marks of whip lashes from the past days of torture. His exposed wounds made the royal officials look at him with disgust as they whispered to one another quietly.  

Daiki no longer showed resistance. He had given up when he realized that no matter what he said or did, no one would accept the proof his innocence. Daiki was severely exhausted, famished, and wounded. It was a wonder to how he was even alive. 

From the corner of his eyes, he could see Hanamiya, Makoto, smirking at him. If it was to make him angry, his plan had certainly failed. Daiki no longer had the energy to care about what that bastard did to him. All he wanted to do was shut his eyes and sleep.   

"You truly disappoint me," a voice spoke—void of any traces of emotions.  

The former bodyguard's eyes widened as he struggled to look at the person who was standing in front him. There, in front of him, stood the Crown Prince of the kingdom and the only heir of the Akashi family, Akashi, Seijuurou.  

Daiki's chapped lips moved as his hoarse voice uttered, "Your... High... ness..."  

Seijuurou's crimson eyes sharpened as he coldly eyed the navy haired prisoner before he asked, "Where is Princess Tetsuki?"  

His voice sounded strained when he voiced his beloved's name.  

"I don't know... it's just as I've... already explained to Advisor Makoto... when I found—" Daiki winced in pain as soon as Seijuurou grabbed a handful of his hair to bring his face close to his.  

"Everything went into chaos the moment I left the Capital. But you showed up in the Capital and claimed that Princess Satsuki had sent a messenger to the Kuroko's Province," Seijuurou hissed, on the edge of his nerves, "The strange thing is we found that no one had arrived at the Phoenix Palace at that time." 

It had been over two weeks since the chaos wrecked the once peaceful kingdom. The Silver Clan region had been turned to dust, his people were frightened of the unknown dangerous approaching them. There had been no intruders breaching the kingdom's borders and each soldier, who stood guard of the borderline at that time, swore that they didn't see any intruders from the neighbouring kingdoms.  

"There is no such things as coincidences Daiki," he hissed and his grip on the former bodyguard's hair tightened as Seijuurou asked again, "WHERE. IS. SHE?" 

Daiki grunted in pain before he glared at the latter as he retorted, "Just like you... I, myself, want to know where my princess is."  

At his words, Seijuurou's expression soured. Silently, he let go of Daiki's hair causing him to collapse onto the marble floor. Without a warning, the young prince swung his left foot and slammed it into the prisoner's cheek.  

Immediately, Daiki rolled onto his side as his blood dripped onto the snow white carpets, staining it like paint splattered onto a large white canvas. Everyone in the room gasped at Seijuurou's sudden violent action.