Chapter 4

SHERLOCK'S POV

"Sherlock!" John shouted, trying to keep up with me as I walked. I ignored him, beginning to walk faster so that I might lose him. "Sherlock, wait!"

I pulled my hair in frustration, stopping to kick the wall beside me.

She's gone again. I've lost her again.

"Sherlock, it's going to be alright," John reassured me, stopping in front of me and looking me in the eyes. "We're going to find her."

"This is all my fault, John. I-"

"Sherlock, we're going to find your sister..." John handed me my sister's locket, giving me a knowing look. "...and we're going to save her."

I sighed, giving in and calming down. I ran a finger over the engravings on the necklace, forcing a small smile as I read it.

"What are we going to do now?" John asked, expecting me to answer him. I scoffed, giving him a look. For just learning about me having a sister, he was being very calm. "What?"

I froze, suddenly remembering something important. As much as I hated to admit it, I needed Mycroft's help if I wanted to find my sister. I quickly dialed his number and impatiently waited for him to pick up.

"Hello, brother mine," Mycroft greeted me, seemingly bored. "What is it this time?"

"I found her. Or rather, she found me," I replied, staring off into the distance. "She's been kidnapped." The other end of the phone was filled with silence, followed by muffled cursing.

"Where are you?" Mycroft asked as soon as he was finished. A bit of worry laced his voice.

"Scotland Yard," I answered, biting my lip impatiently. "Meet me at Baker Street."

"I'll be there as soon as possible."

---------------------------------------------------------

NARDOSA'S POV

Darkness. As soon as I opened my eyes, that was all I could see. A gaping silence filled the room, giving it an almost eerie feeling. I soon realized that this was due to the blindfold wrapped around my head, as well as the lack of light in the room around me.

On my left I heard shuffling, followed by a low chuckle. I turned to face the noise, startled when the source of the sound began to speak.

"I see you're awake."

"W-Who are you?" I asked, trying not to stutter. "What do you w-want?"

"All in good time, my dear Holmes," the voice, obviously a man, replied.

"I'm not your Holmes," I sneered, emphasizing what was unfortunately my surname.

"Feisty," he said approvingly, his breath on the back of my neck. "I like it."

"My brothers will save me," I replied confidently, remembering the locket I left for Sherlock to find. Laughter filled the room.

"Will they really?"

I paused, thinking about his words. They'd never cared about me before, so why would they do so now?

"Stop," I demanded, shaking away my thoughts. "They will save me. I just know it."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, darling," the stranger sung. His voice echoed across the room, making me realize just how big the room actually was.

Suddenly I felt a pinch in my arm, and something was placed in my hand.

"Give this to Sherlock for me, won't you?"

A moment later it became slightly harder to breathe, and my vision began to get fuzzy.

"What did you do to me?" I asked, shutting my eyes beneath the blindfold. I received no answer, but I could hear footsteps walking away. I tried to scream for help, but no sound could escape my throat.

However, I soon heard a door swing open and an intake of breath.

"She's in here," an unmistakable voice murmured. Sherlock.

He ran over, and after undoing my blindfold, he knelt beside me, holding my face in place with his large hands. I could faintly see three more people rush into the room, but immediately noticed when Sherlock turned to untie the knots of rope that held me in place. Another figure took his place, eyes searching mine.

"I was right," I gasped, trying to get the air I most desperately needed. "I told him you would come."

"Who?" Mycroft asked patiently, worry evident in his voice as well as anger. "Who are you talking about, Nara?"

Nara. He called me Nara. I haven't been called that since I was seven. My thoughts began to wander, and my breaths were forced. I was roughly shaken back to the real world by Mycroft, who proceeded to ask me the same question. I ignored him.

"You haven't called me that in ages, Mycroft. Why now?" He gave me a heavy smile, brushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"Well, I have to start somewhere," he replied, tears in the corners of his eyes. "Stay awake, okay?"

"Sherlock," I mumbled, black spots appearing at the edge of my vision. His gaze snapped to mine, untying the final knot. He moved over so that he was kneeling by Mycroft, holding my hand in his as if he thought I would disappear.

"Yes?" He scooped me up into his arms, cradling me like I was a baby. It was then when I noticed John and someone else standing watch by the door. The other man glanced back at me curiously, though his face was too blurry for me to tell who it was.

"He told me to give this to you," I whispered, trying to show him whatever was in my hand. Satisfied, I closed my eyes again, unable to open them when someone tried to shake me awake.

"Nara, you have to stay awake. Nara? Nara!" Sherlock yelled. His voice seemed to be fading, but I payed no mind to it. Welcoming the peace that surrounded me, my breaths now very shallow, I tried to conjure up enough energy to say something to my brothers.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, darkness taking me all at once.