Chapter 16: Forgive me, Jennifer

(Mono's pov)

I did not know what was Jennifer talking about at the start. But then it hit me. This was probably why she had been shaking this entire time.

She had a nightmare about this. I felt like a complete idiot. I should listen to her if she warned me maybe I would have left her laying on the floor and went after Lillian.

Lillian must be dead now and it's all my fault. Jennifer blames me for her death. I sighed and Jennifer ran away.

Now she does not even want to talk to me. I chased after her but she was fast. I was a little faster than her and I caught up to her.

I grabbed her by the neck and she tried to scream just to call for help. I let go of her neck and she fell down. it was probably because of her leg.

At that moment she was catching her breath. I felt bad for her. She looked at me then rolled her eyes and stand up. She almost fell down.

Looks like she can't walk very well. She then ran off not even saying anything to me. I ran after her again and we made it home.

Well if she yelled out the warning instead of staying silent. Maybe I would have left her there at the same time I did not listen to her at all.

''Jennifer wait!'' I yelled out to her and she turned around.

We made eye contact then she looked down. Is she even gonna say anything or is she just gonna stand there?

''Déjame sola fea MONSTRUO'' She yelled out.

At least I speak Spanish to understand whatever she just said to me. This girl is so fucking rude. Looks like Five's plan did not work after all.

(She said ''Leave me alone you ugly monster'' If you were wondering)

Locking us in a closet did not solve everything about us. The most part is that Eight was inviting us to watch a movie like a movie night.

But I don't think Jennifer is gonna go if she keeps on acting like this. Also if I'm going she is so not going.

Jennifer ran to her room slamming the door shut. I looked around. My dad is not even here even Lillian's dad is also gone. The dog is also gone strange.

Where the hell is everyone? I went to my room closing the door. I looked out my window and saw police cars. I feel it is gonna have to do something with Lillian's mom.

I laid on my bed and was randomly looking at the roof. I don't think that is entertaining to me do people still do that?

To be honest I did not care I just feel guilty. I feel sleepy but at the same time awake. I went to my desk and grabbed something and went back to my bed.

Smoking on my bed I grabbed my phone. Six started to text me. I did not feel like answering but I did anyone.

(Text messages)

Six: Mono! are you even there?!

Mono: Well I am now bitch.

Six: Why does every single time I text you.

Six: You call me a bitch? this is how you treat your best childhood friend.

Mono: My only childhood friend the others used me to get whatever they want.

Mono: What do you want anyway you texted me for a reason.

Six: Oh yeah I was wondering umm I saw police cars heading around your way did you do something wrong?

Mono: Um I rather not say anything...

Six: Um okay? and also are you smoking? you always do when you have dots at the end of your messages when there is something wrong.

Mono: Smoking what? no, and why you are worried? this is what we do!

Six: Right I'm sorry I forgot heh.

Mono: Yeah yeah whatever it's not like I care anyway.

Six: I also wanted to ask you are you still looking forward to coming to the movies tomorrow night? I know it's kinda a little boring since we never ever talked to other people much.

Mono: I guess I will come.

Six: Good okay! also um do you wanna head down to the cafe right now? I can tell you feel a little um stress?

Mono: Yeah sure me and Jennifer kinda uh I would not say a fight but um not talking to each other right now.

Six: I see I thought you guys sort things out now your back to being rude to each other.

Mono: I guess you can say that I would say more but I'm not in the mood to talk about it its kinda private.

Six: Oh okay whenever you feel like it, I'm always here for you!

Mono; Thanks bitch.

Six: No problem! see you at the cafe.

Mono: Alright bye.

Six: Bai!

I closed my phone and got off my bed. I went to my closet and got dressed. I put on something random and opened my door.

Walking down Jennifer saw me leaving. Just great out of the times she has to come, She had to come now?

''Where the hell are you going?'' She asked me.

''Um to meet up with Six why you ask sis?'' I asked back.

''Don't call me that and I was just wondering'' She said back.

''Look can you forgive me? please I'm very sorry'' I said to her.

She rolled her eyes and went back upstairs. Gosh, she is still in a bad mood. I went outside and closed the door behind me.

Locking the door and started to walk to the cafe. I know which one she was talking about. It was the one that Seven and Eight work at.

Not gonna lie it's not bad there. Six and I love it there but like always Seven did not like us going there.

It's pretty annoying but I was hoping we could kinda get along. I looked up at the sky it was still dark and pretty late.

I felt like they were gonna close but at the same time, they don't usually open till the afternoon like right after school.

A few minutes later I made it. As expected Six beat me there. She laughed and we went inside. She laughed and ran over to me and hugged me tightly.

Someone is happy to see me.