Chapter 27: I am always here

(Mono's mother pov)

I watched as my high school friend Stacy was helping me get ready. I never thought this day will ever come true if I'm honest.

Sometimes I feel like it's my fault. I was never there for Mono. His father was the only one who watched him grow up.

Now he is almost 18 and I have been apart from him for almost 18 years. But all I can say is I was not ready for a child.

Back then I was just too young for this kind of stuff. Now was the day I was ready to see him.

For now, I kinda regretted it. I wished I just made the opposite choice and just raise a child with my husband from back then.

We kinda knew we will get back together when we got older but he met another woman. It only lasted like 2 years.

I feel bad for them though. I wonder if their chelaship lasted longer would they have got married. Who am I kidding, they have been married for 2 years?

Kinda expected him to replace me. I only know she is just gonna stay there because of her daughters and Mono's good bond.

But I thought they said they were enemies. But times change I don't care. I just want to see Christian and Mono.

At the same time, I want to see Jennifer her name was. I bet she was as beautiful as her mother describe her.

Her mother is also beautiful but hey a lot of people are in their own way. This world just has some jealous and cruel people.

I am just glad Christian did not abuse or got drunk like most people. The only thing I also heard is that Mono smokes.

Might need to fix that. I will teach him. I used to smoke but I don't do it anymore. I can see where he got it from.

If you know what I mean heh.

Stacy then finished packing most of my stuff and then gave me a pat on my back. I smiled at her and she smiled back. We were roommates and I am glad we still had our close bond.

She was a good friend of mine and she always will be still. Before we left I had a flashback...

(Flashback from 17 years ago)

Today was the day I was having a child. I must say I am kinda too young for this. Right now I am like 20 years old.

If I'm honest I don't wanna have a child. But I have to blame myself for that though. It's not my fault that I got pregnant.

My friends and my husband are happy for me though. At least they care my parents are dead. They died like 2 years ago so they never made it to my wedding,

The doctors were helping others at the moment so I and my husband were waiting in the waiting room.

Being pregnant was not easy though. I spent most of my time throwing up for months. It was horrible.

At least my husband was not a jerk and just left me for another woman. I know he will not do that.

Even if we did break up aka get a divorce I know he might replace me with another girl. I won't mind.

I mean yeah I would be heartbroken but as long as he is happy and the woman is kinda I will be okay right?

He wanted a child and thought it will be nice to start our own little family but I was just not ready. I sighed and started to tell him the truth.

''Um hey, can I tell you something Christian...'' I said and then he looked at me.

''Yes, sweetheart? what is it? you can tell me anything. I am here for you'' Christian said and then smiled.

''If I'm honest...I am not ready for a child, I just think I am too young for this I know you wanted to you know to start a family but I just think we should give him up for adoption'' I said and Christian sighed.

''Are you sure about this? do you really want him to grow up without his real parents and just live with his adopted parents for the rest of his life?'' He said and I just looked at him.

''You know how about you just take care of him...I will come back when he is like almost 18...'' I said.

''Wait...you don't mean''

''I think we will have to get a divorce''

After Christian looked at me and then sighed. He nodded his head agreeing his head. To be honest I planned this all.

I just practice my lines to be ready. I already had a gift for him. Our little baby boy. Well, it's not mine for now.

The doctors came saying I was ready and I smiled. I got up from my seat. I walked to the room where my doctor told me to go.

(4 hours later)

And there he was. The doctors took my child away probably to go clean him. This just reminds me of the time when my mother me my birth story.

I had tears in my eyes thinking about it. The doctors then finished whatever they were doing and let me hold my child for the last time.

Christian then walked into the room and I handed the baby to him. He then kissed my forehead and then I smiled.

He was about to leave before he stopped and turned back to me. I then gave him a plastic bag and he opened it.

It was a trench coat, My trench coat when I wore when I was in high school and my paper bag I used to wear.

I know it may be a stupid gift but I wanted him to have it.

''Before I leave do you want to name him?''

''Yeah, I will,''

''Goodbye Christian.

''And Mono...''