𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓) 2

[I know there's multiple reasons why she doesn't have to take Scorpius, but just pretend she ran out of options because this is a short story and Draco has to see Scorp.

Her dress is up top^]

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼: "𝗡𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽?"____________________________________________

____________________________________________

𝐄𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬-

My heart throbbed in my chest.

To hear his voice for the first time in four years- it was making me hold the phone closer to my ear, my breathing picking up. "What do you want?" Was the only thing I could muster- what am I supposed to say to him after four years?

There was shuffling on the other side, before his voice came out low. "It's pretty clear you don't want to talk to me, so I'll get straight to the point." My heart pounded out of my chest, my body sitting down on my bed to prepare myself for this. "The photo on the daily prophet. I know you saw it, and Ella-" I inhaled at my name being left from his mouth. "- it's pretty clear that it's you."

I gulped, not knowing what to say. Obviously I'd never tell him about Scorpius straight up, he'd have to just figure it out and be sure on his own. "It- is me. But it's not my child, it's Izzys. You don't know her." Hell, I don't even know her.

"Because that's believable?" His voice sounded soft, low even and it made me question why he was talking as if he was hurt. "You think my men aren't doing research? It doesn't matter how many times you lie-"

I inhaled sharply, "And what, you think that just because you saw a photo everywhere that you have some mystery son? You think you can just call me randomly, act as if nothing happened and ask me about a child that I was just taking to get ice cream with, acting like it's mine? I would know if I had a fucking child, and especially if I had one with a bastard like you."

My hands were so tight around my phone that it was hurting my knuckles. I couldn't believe he had the audacity to say something about this the first time he talks to me- it made me feel useless.

Useless because he chose Astoria over me- and I was still bitter about it.

It was silent on his half for awhile, my knees curling up to my chest. When he spoke, it made my eyes flutter shut. "I'm getting somebody to do research on an 'Izzy'." His voice turned sharp- angry. "And when we find nobody in the area with a child like that- you will be seeing me in person. Not over some damn phone-"

"I will never see you again," I cut him off harshly, my feet standing up and my cheeks growing hot from anger. "And I'll be damned-"