𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

[this is very short because it's just an epilogue, but I truly don't think I could ever actually end a story where somewhere dies.]

She stood above his body, her eyes swollen

Ella was many things, and she wasn't weak. But standing above Dracos body, hoping- praying that he'd wake up, she was the weakest she'd ever been.

Her life was never fair, she never got anything she wanted.

Except Draco.

He made her feel a lot of things. Hurt, angry, despair. But he also gave her the love she wanted, and it first started to bloom in her heart in hogwarts.

Now, Ella was holding their son in her arms, his sobs filling the room while she tried not to cry.

She remembered his words- and she knew he did this to himself because he had hurt her. Which, he did. The things he said ran through Ellas mind every day, but she knew he didn't mean it after seeing him like this.

Lying in a hospital bed while doctors poured the last bit of Dittany on his wound, a groan leaving his lips. He was alive, and he owed all to the three boys sitting on the chairs in the back of the room. Theodore Nott, Blaise Zabini, and Mattheo Riddle.

Theodore was crying along with Blaise, while Mattheo held his head in his hands.

"I will be back with a healing potion," the doctor told Draco strictly, because his heart was still slightly punctured from the dagger.

Dracos hand tightened on Ellas, Scorpius' head in the crook of her neck. This whole time, when Ella broke down, Scorpius thought he had lost Draco for good. And that horrified him.

'I want Dray!' Was the only thing Ella kept hearing while she held onto her son- he'd never been through this before, never even had a father figure.

So once the healing potion was down Dracos throat, Ella let Scorpius be the first one to hug him. With his nose and eyes all red and watery, he watched Draco sit up before he leapt into his arms, his small arms wrapping around Draco and sitting in his lap.

Draco wrapped one arm around his son, but kept his hand tight around Ellas. "Draco.."

"You don't need to say anything," he mumbled, tears already welling up in his eyes. "I understand if you want to move on. But I really am sorry, Ella. I don't-" he sucked in a breath, gripping Scorpius' shirt. "I didn't mean to take my anger out on you."

She could feel her eyes growing watery too. "I don't want to move on. I want you, Draco. I always have."

He seemed to take in her words and before he could process it, he was full on sobbing with Scorpius holding him. "I'm so- I'm so sorry."

"Draco, look at me." Her soft, yet hurt tone brought him to look at her, her hands taking his and laying it on her stomach, a slight bump already there. He hadn't gotten to see it grow because he drove her away. "I want to raise this family with you. No more pushing me away, no more running. It can just be me and you, and our family."

The word family to him, had only meant his mother for so long. But Ella came back into his life, and rearranged the whole thing.

"I love you." Maybe, rearranging wasn't bad.

____________________________________________
|𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃|

-

-