Fascination...

══════════════════

══════════════════

EUSTASS KID -- ONE WEEK EARLIER

"You think this is their handiwork?"

"I'm sure. There's no mistaking who carved that out."

"Pretty sloppy for that gloomy bastard to have let her do that." Kid dropped his feet from the table and clicked the television off, eyes falling to the gilded window right above the table.

His gang was being temporarily quartered at a wayward housing unit in Bulgaria, having been granted residence by an associate of Mihawk. Though, Kid wasn't the type to accept help easily. His pride just wouldn't allow it. But Doflamingo's relentless attack over the last two years just made it impossible for him not to accept all the help he could get.

That didn't mean he wouldn't use the opportunity to gather what information he could, though. He was nothing if not resourceful, especially in a tight spot. That made him particularly dangerous in this field. His ability to think calmly through strenuous situations made him the ideal agent of chaos.

Kid turned towards Killer with an unmistakably large smile on his face, fiddling with the knife embedded in the middle of the table as he narrowed his eyes on the window — watching as the civilians below milled around, completely unaware of the monster in their presence.

"Shall we meet Scooter at the rendezvous point?" He gestured outwards, "It's been quite a while since we've last seen her. I'd like to see how she's changed since then."

Killer looked outwards, a subtle sigh dropping from his lips as he went along with his friend's antics.

"I doubt she's in any state to be meeting anyone right now. And I'm sure they're on more alert now that the police are on their tail."

The blonde followed after his leader as they traveled through a lengthy corridor, only stopping once they'd made it to the garage where Kid's other gang members awaited, already on their bikes, revving the engines.

"Just..." Killer sighed, lifting his hands up in consideration, "Just don't do anything rash, okay? We're not in a much better position either. And Doffy's not likely to let up on us, so we can't do anything that'll blow our cover."

"I don't need you to fucking babysit me, Killer. I know what I'm doing," The redhead lifted his knife to eye-level, appreciating the dangerous glint as the sunlight hit it just right -- illuminating the entire front half of his face. "Besides," Kid shrugged with a large smirk, backstepping to his motorcycle, "I've got some worthful information for Scooter. I'm sure she'll want to hear what I have to say, especially since it has a lot to do with pretty boy Ace."

Killer dropped onto his own bike with a shrug - rifling through his weapons bag to prepare for their arduous journey back to Italy.

"I suppose," he said - hesitance lacing his voice, "but if you plan to bring her to our side, make it quick. We're both wanted fugitives."