Dread

══════════════════

══════════════════

Jakarta, Indonesia; a breeding ground for criminals of all statures, with a high density of uncontrollable crime. The perfect hideout for Blackbeard and his gang of miscreants. There was this air of lawlessness when first stepping in -- just the subtle glance of everyone's eyes; suspicious of your intentions when you landed. It was uncomfortably dangerous and the humidity outside was so high that the air was sitting thick and stagnant with an aftertaste of old blood -- it felt like it could be cut with a knife. Sweat pooled in all the most uncomfortable crevices until the desire to get away from the eyes of onlookers was less of a passing-fancy, and more of an all-consuming need.

You carefully maneuvered your way around the busy streets and finally made it to the location Law had pinned for you. Apparently, he'd deemed traveling together as highly dangerous and resorted to booking another flight, which left you stranded on Italy's coves while you waited for yours. The flight was quick, if not a little dry for your taste; but the feeling of security it left fizzled out the moment you stepped onto Jakarta's busy streets.

The way around Blackbeard's hotel -- which he'd rented out for the night under some pretense that he would hold a 'party' -- was heavily protected with an armada of trucks; loaded with weapons, no doubt, and a horde of militarized men loitering by the front and back entrances. Getting in wasn't so much the problem as Law had already made contact with the leader of the Diamonds by the time you'd arrived -- a rally of freedom fighters fighting to knock off Doflamingo's oppressive hand on their lands. The boss, which so happened to be one of Monkey D. Dragon's associates, Emporio Ivankov, promised to leave all their assets and weapons to the care of the Spade and the Heart -- of whom they placed their utmost trust in; seeing as their creation was only possible through them, their heroes. Though the word made your skin crawl; you were the furthest thing from a hero, you didn't correct them.

Naturally, as you'd later learned, Ivankov had been feigning role as a pimp, when in reality, they were a wealthy noble, but one with higher-up connections to the government that would get them eliminated by Doffy -- which is why they ran under the pretense of an expensive pimp who carted around expensive girls. By the time you'd met them, you had mostly guessed what Law's plan for you would be. Since all Invakov had was a single invitation to the UNDERWORLD -- the hotel club Blackbeard was hosting -- you would have to go in as a prostitute while Law took on Invakov's name and an invitation to the outing.

After all your time spent inside Law's stifling one-bedroom apartment, the humid air outside and the wary eyes felt like heaven.

When you finally worked up the nerve to slip into the promiscuous get-up that Invakov had left for you -- making you look more like a scantily clad femme fatale -- you rejoined Law by the pier beside the hotel and slipped on your own mask. Thankfully, every other girl there, as well as a few of the other attendees would be wearing masks, so that left you with one less concern. Since there was no need for you to fret over your identity, you instead worked up the courage to meet Blackbeard face-to-face; carefully loading the mini-dagger in your thigh-holster and a handgun through your wildly decorated hairstyle -- a mere wig.