Chapter 4 - Fight Training

Yelena's POV
I got up bright and early the next morning to go for a run around the campus. Just as I finished my first lap, Bucky ran up next to me. I smiled.

"Hey Bucky."

"Hi Yelena. Mind if I join you?"

"Sure." I replied. Bucky smiled as he ran alongside me.

After the run, we ate breakfast together and then went back to our rooms. I took a shower, letting the hot water flow down my face.

After I changed, I sat down on my bed and brushed out my hair. Once I was finished brushing it, I pulled my hair into two ponytails, one above the other.

I looked over at my nightstand and took the picture of me and my dog Fanny off of the nightstand. I smiled. I missed that dog. I wondered if Director Fury would allow me to keep Fanny here.

I then looked at a picture of me and Natasha as kids. I smiled.

"This mission is for you sis." I whispered as I set the picture back on the nightstand next to Fanny's. I looked up as someone rapped on my doorframe. It was Melina.

"Hey Yelena. Ready to go over the mission?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I'll go get Bucky. You can get Alexei. We'll meet up in the conference room in five."

"Got it. See you in a few." Melina said as she left my room.

I made my way to Bucky's room and rapped on his doorframe. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Yelena."

"Hey Buck. You ready to go over the mission? Melina is getting Alexei and then we're gonna start the meeting."

"Ok. Sure. Let's go."

Once we were all in the conference room, Melina and I set up everything to explain the Red Room to Bucky.

Bucky's POV
Yelena pulled up images of different women, all wearing black cat suits. They were the Widows we needed to find.

"Ok. Dreykov's Widows are positioned all over the world. Some are here, in the U.S., and some are in Europe and Asia. A majority of them are spread throughout Russia." Yelena said. I nodded.

"In order to use the red dust correctly without hurting the Widow, you must break the vial above the woman's head. Throwing at their feet can work too, but it might not make it to their face." Melina explained after Yelena.

"Ok, so where are we going to go first?" I asked.

"We'll start here in the United States and make our way around the world till we free every Widow." Yelena replied. I nodded.

"Seems self explanatory."

"Something you should know about Widows is that they are trained in several forms of martial arts. Ju Jitsu, Karate, you name it, they know it so you have to be ready for anything." Yelena explained.

"They also have exemplary sniper and weapon skills so you most likely want to be armed, but it is important to not kill the Widows. They have no idea what they are doing and killing them is not our goal." Melina chimed in. Yelena nodded.