prologue

5 years old

Y/n's pov :

"grandma , why do we hate vampires so much ?" i asked .

"why don't you read this sweetie" she said , handing me a book .

i opened it and started reading .

"we all know of the many supernaturals such as witches , angels , demons etc and sure they have had their rivalries and wars but nothing compares to vampires and werewolves .

the intense hatred the two share , but has anyone thought to ask why ? why do these two supernatural entities despise each other so much?

well here's the answer , the underworld . werewolves hate vampires because vamps forced them into slavery , which triggered a war that lasted for centuries . eventually neither side remembers what started it all , but they are so far into it that the hatred is fused into their minds . that is just the main reason . there are many contributing factors .

such as pride . it's a competition of sorts , a sense of pride of who you are . werewolves and vamps go against each other because they think they are the best . they dislike one another because they think that they are far superior , and because of that , a challenge is born and each side rises to the occasion , ready to prove to the other that they are the greatest . Vampires and werewolves alike think that they are the superior race , and they feel the need to go against each other to prove it .

another thing is that they are very different from one another , and as history has shown us countless times , people often seek to destroy what is different . vampires are often portrayed as aristocratic and noble beings with an insatiable lust for blood . Whereas werewolves are usually shown as a bit more laid back , a little rough around the edges with the need to destroy everything in their path once a month . two very different , yet equally destructive, creatures . werewolves hate that vampires drink blood , vampires hate that werewolves have a wild dangerous beast inside them . werewolves think vampires are filthy leeches , vampires think werewolf are lowly dogs .

now there have been some cases where werewolves and vampires have been fated by the moon goddess but that is very rare .

but it doesn't last long , most , if not all , vampire werewolf mates have killed each other even before getting to know each other"

( source : https://www.vampires.com with a few touch ups )

"huh , i hope i don't get a vampire mate then" i shrugged .

grandma chuckled . "i think it'd be fun . you know , exciting and interesting" she said .

"would you love grandpa if he was a vampire ?" i asked .

"of course , after all we are mates" she smiled , giving a knowing look .

i was confused but i shrugged it off .

"come on love , it's time to go to sleep . it's way past your bed time" grandma said .

"okay grandma" i said , putting the book away .

"good night angel" she said , kissing my forehead .

"good night grandma" i yawned before going to sleep .

Grandma Estelle's pov :

i knew she was special . no other werewolf child has ever asked about the vampire , werewolf rivalry except for her .

my precious Y/n , you and your future mate might be the reason the werewolves and vampires rivalry comes to an end .

———————————————————————————
word count : 541

oo grandma knows ! i'm so excited to write this book yall ! i hope y'all enjoy reading it <3 love y'all and stay safe !

please vote ! <3

Sunday , 26 September 6:24 pm
lvstfulxriddle