chapter 4

Tom's pov:

i couldn't believe this, our worst enemy was my beloved? not only that, but she was stunning.

she smelled of berries, had luscious y/h/c (your hair colour) hair and the most gorgeous y/e/c (your eye colour) eyes i've ever seen.

i quickly snapped out of my trance as one of my guards spoke. seemingly, she did too. i was so enchanted by her that i didnt even notice she was staring at me the way i was staring at her.

"what are we to do your majesty?" a guard asked.

i contemplated what i wanted to do for a while before i finally decided.

"i want to speak to the girl, alone" i said.

the male protecting her then growled.

"you're not taking my sister away!" he exclaimed, as he tried making himself look bigger to assert dominance.

"very well then" i said, snapping my fingers for my guards to take care of him.

they held him up and wrapped silver chains around his wrists, making him howl loudly in pain.

Y/n's pov:

"the choice is yours princess, come with me and i'll let him go. don't, and he'll be locked up like that for the rest of his time here" he said.

how could he be so cruel! my mate torturing my brother? now this is something i'd never thought would happen.

"don't go with him Y/n! don't worry about me, i'll be fine!" Enzo begged.

Tom's pov:

Y/n, her name sure suits her. a pretty name for a pretty lady.

Y/n's pov:

i didn't know what to do, i didn't want to leave Enzo but i didn't want him to hurt because of me. so
with a lot of reluctance, i faced my mate.

"let him go" i demanded.

"Y/n! no!" Enzo exclaimed.

"you'll come with me?" my mate asked.

"yes just please just let him go" i begged, as i watched my brother looking at me helplessly.

i hated seeing him like that.

my mate snapped his fingers and Enzo was let go and i immediately hugged him.

"why did you do that?" Enzo asked, panting.

"i couldn't let you hurt big bro, i'll be fine don't worry" i reassured him, caressing his face.

my mate cleared his throat and i got up and faced him.

"ready?" he asked.

"yes" i gulped as i followed him out of the cell, glancing back at Enzo every once in a while.

Enzo's pov:

fuck! how could i showed weakness to her like that! now she's gone. what if that bastard hurts her?!

Moon Goddess if you can hear me, please protect Y/n. im begging you.

Y/n's pov:

i followed quietly behind the gorgeous man leading me to Goddess knows where. i just didn't want to get hurt like Enzo did.

i used to believe our mates wouldn't do anything to hurt us. but with him? the king of vampires? i wasn't so sure.

suddenly he stopped, making me bump into his hard back. i hesitantly looked up at him to see him already looking down at me. i gulped as those gorgeous green eyes stared into mine.

finally, he spoke.

"you alright little wolf?" he asked.

"i-i um yeah im okay" i replied, shocked he asked me if i was okay or not.

he seemed satisfied with my answer because he turned back around and opened the huge doors in front of him.

"come" he said, walking into the room.

i meekly followed him in and was shocked with how big and beautiful the room was.

the roof was so tall, there was a king sized bed with velvet sheets and white pillows. there was an entire wall of books in the corner of the room and a study table at the other corner. there was a trophy case full of photos of him and his family and a underneath safe his bedside table.

"this is my bedroom" he said, showing me around.

"it's huge! it's like a ball room!" i blurted out before covering my mouth at my sudden exclamation.

instead of lashing out on me, he just chuckled and sat down on his bed.

"i suppose so, i mean this room is supposed to be fit for a king after all" he explained.

"s-so um.. why did you bring me here?" i asked nervously, twirling with my fingers.

"to get to know you of course" he spoke, striding towards me.

my breath hitched as he came close to me. i stared into his gorgeous eyes as he did the same, tucking a lose strand of hair behind my ear.

"you're not gonna reject me and throw me to the curb?" i whispered, afraid of his answer.

"of course not, ive been looking for a mate for so long i don't care what they are" he whispered back, reassuring me.

"you're not gonna hurt me are you?" i asked again.

"of course not, do you really think i'm a monster?" he asked, sounding amused.

yes.

———————————————————————————
word count: 844

hi guys! it's been awhile since i've posted here hasn't it? i hope you enjoy this chapter because it was really rushed and because i have art homework i need to do and it's due on monday so yeah! but i really hope you guys do like it! as always, i love y'all and wear your masks!

Saturday, 25 February 2023
lvstfulxriddle