𝓒𝓱. 24

𝓚𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑙

"Sir, what did you say?"

"Heard right miss." The curtness in his tone is enough to send cold shivers down my spine and I freeze on the very spot.

"If you want to stand then you can surely go stand out of the class, Komal." flinching I look up to the right side making me realise that he already is there, on the platform with that stylus in his hand, eyes on the book place on the table and then he looks up tilting his head a little mocking me. Was I so lost that I didn't even realize when he-

Yes hun, you sure were.

Not saying a word I quietly take my seat as he proceeds to teach. I grab my pen and notebook hearing him say "Books upside down, grab the pen and notebook." If he's going to take a test then I am dead and something in me states I am very very right. Taking off his navy blue blazer and tucking it on the chair placed, he turns around and starts writing on the board. I am sure my eyes pop out of their sockets as I see the one single question he wrote there. Wait- just one question?

"One question, five minutes is all you have." Placing the stylus in its place he scans the class and that sharp gaze falls on me scaring me for obvious reasons. Officially proven he's the only man that can scare me just by a simple stare.

You don't know what all he can do to you.

"Your time starts now." glancing over his wristwatch he affirms. He leaves the podium and starts walking around the class.

Immediately, I fix my eyes on the question and the only thing going in my mind right now is What the fuck type of question is this!?

Alright, Komal you can solve it.

I start solving it concentrating on the way by how this question can be solved and then automatically I start writing.

Is this correct? I ask myself but suddenly hide whatever calculations I did as soon as feel a lingering presence around me. The air around me changes its calm state as the only thing I could feel right now are those shivers going down my spine. No matter how hard I try my head on its own turns to its right looking up at him whose eyes are fixed on my notebook.

In a fraction of a second, his gaze gets diverted towards me, and without saying anything he moves ahead. Can I just ignore the biggest shock of the day that he didn't mock me yet even say anything? This day undoubtfully is going all weird.

"Attention class, anyone got the right answer?"

When you are teaching in the class, every eye gets laid on you automatically, professor.

"762"

"891"

"762"

"745"

The trail of answers follows one after the other and the most common out of them if '762' most probably the right answer but I seal my lips because the answer I got i.e. 267 is clearly out of the league. Life giving me enough examples that I suck at maths.

The look on his face clearly says his ears didn't receive the answer he wants to hear. "Anyone who done the calculations to receive the answer as 267?"

My hearing senses go on high alert as soon as I hear that 267.

"No one?" his gaze once again falls on me as if he wants me to speak up.

And the very next moment I raise my hand up adding, "I got that answer."

"Unfortunately, it's not the right answer, Miss Sharma."

My jaw goes ajar hearing his words that absolutely made me look like a fool but no matter how much I wish to sass back at him, I remain silent as he proceeds. "Quite surprising, that none of you got the right answer, attention towards here." saying this he picks up the stylus, starts writing and explaining the question. I check my calculations matching with his and I speak up "Sir, the answer is (-267)"

"Absolutely correct, Miss Sharma." Having his eyes fixed on the smart board he asserts further- "The most common mistake that you all made is neglecting the fact that we have to reciprocate the answer at the end, Indeed the answer will come as 267 but with a negative sign with it."

Turning around he glances over me telling me where I made a mistake.

I recalculate and check what I did, though I got the right answer in the end I am still confused. Nevertheless, I don't ask him again yet keep checking my solutions again.

"Page no 12, question number 9, solve it." He instructs and everyone else starts doing the questions except for me. But before I could continue solving the question, a command gets directed towards me. "Shift aside."

Looking up I find Mr. Jones standing beside my seat.

"You heard me Komal, shift aside." How the fuck he gets to know what I am about to ask him because obviously I don't believe my ears around him and was about to ask 'What?'

I blink in surprise and automatically shift to the other side of the bench.

My breath stops in an instinct as does something which I never expected and sits down beside me. His close proximity feels magical. I could feel all the eyes on us but right now I am too focused on him.