It was later in the day, and I had been doing absolutely nothing. Brynjolf hadn't given me a job yet, and I had no place to stay, so I was meeting people around the guild. I had grown close to Sapphire and Rune. They reminded me a lot of myself.

"Aye, lass, could you come here?" I heard a voice yell.

I groaned and got up. I hadn't even finished my sweetroll yet.

"I have a small job for you. I need you to collect a debt from 3 of our 'clients'. Bersei-Honey Hand, Keerava, and Haelga." Brynjolf said.

I nodded and started to walk away, but a 'cough' interrupted my travels.

"Aren't you forgetting something, lass?"

"Uh, I don't think so?" I replied, turning around.

'Did I forget my clothes? My map? Or is he just fucking with me-?' I thought.

"You forgot to give me a kiss, lass."

I looked at him in horror. Sure, he was hot and all, but i've only known him for a day and a half-

"Lass, calm down I was joking-" he said, laughing.

I turned beet red in embarrassment.

well, I DID pull the haagraven joke on him-

"Do it again, and you won't be calling me lass much longer."

"I'm wounded! How could you ever say such a thing?" He replied, sarcasm lacing his voice.

"Anyways, lass, you forgot the directions and where to find everyone."

I am a fucking idiot.

"Oh, I, uh, just wanted to take a nice stroll to get there...?" I said, not convincingly.

"Mhm, sure lass. Heres the directions anyways." He replied, hiding a laugh.

I rolled my eyes and walked outside.

As soon as I had stepped outside, I realized I had forgot my jacket back in Whiterun.

"fuck." I muttered under my breath. I turned around to go and ask Mercer if he had one, but I ran right into someone, almost falling over.

"Can't handle the cold, lass?" Brynjolf said as he caught me.

"I forgot my jacket." I mumbled, embarrassed.

He didn't say anything, but he draped his jacket over my shoulders, and smiled.

why does this man have to be so cute.

I shuddered the thought off, and smiled back at him.

"Thank you." I said, trying to hide my big smile.

"You're welcome. I wouldn't want you freezing to death because-" He said, mumbling the last part, so I couldn't hear him.

I smiled, and started heading towards the Bee and the Barb.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I had finished collecting all the debts, and started heading back to the guild. It had gotten noticably colder, and I had myself buried in Brynjolf's jacket. I smiled, remembering the recent memory of him giving it to me.

I walked back into the guild, and got bombarded with "oooooo's". I had completely forgotten I was wearing Bryn's jacket, but it was comfortable, so I wasn't taking it off.

"Soooo, what's going on between you and Brynjolf?" Sapphire asked, Rune beside her.

"Absolutely nothing. I was just cold so he gave me his jacket." I said.

I'm really starting to wonder if that's the truth anymore.

"Mhm, I believe that." Rune chimed in.

I rolled my eyes at the two, hiding a small blush. I could tell they had noticed, but thankfully, they didn't say anything.

I walked over to where Mercer and Brynjolf were standing, assuming they were waiting for me.

"I finished the job." I said, handing them the small bags of gold.

"Nicely done, lass! You're made to be one of us!" Brynjolf said, a huge smile across his face.

"Brynjolf... why is my sister wearing your jacket?" Mercer asked, not happily.

"She was cold...?"

"You better not be fucking her."

We both wore a look of horror.

"What?!" I yelled.

"Mercer, its not like that. Its Frostfall, and it was 25 degrees out." Brynjolf said, trying to compose himself.

I, on the other hand, could not compose myself.

"Mercer, I will shove your sword up your ass if you ask something like that again" I said, still a little unsettled.

Mercer walked away with his hands up like he was surrendering.

Brynjolf is still behind me.

"...Lass?"

I turned around slowly.

"Listen... Mercer has always been ridiculously overprotective of me, so I'm sorry about that." I said, still trying to hide my embarrassment.

He chuckled a little.

"Its alright lass. Go get some rest. You need it."

I nodded and went to my bed, trying to sleep, but only a specific redhead was on my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n

yay i wrote chapter 2

i love their relationship sm