I had finally woken up after sleeping for what felt like forever. I felt an arm snake around my waist, and I froze.

what did I do last night...?

I slowly turned over to see a sleeping Brynjolf holding onto me. I smiled a bit,  a blush creeping onto my face.

I closed my eyes again and slid into his arms. I had only known him for a week, but, shit, did he feel like home.

I heard a slight groan from besides me, hoping he wasn't awake yet.

"Lass? Are you awake?" I heard him say in his morning voice.

I debated acting like I was still asleep, but I figured he'd notice.

"Yeah I am." I replied softly.

We both sat up, realizing something.

"Mercer-" We said in unison, getting up.

Mercer had been keeping a close eye on the two. He had known Bryn since he came to Riften, but he couldn't imagine his sister being with his best friend.

I put my long, brown hair into a ponytail, and walked back out into the guild. I felt myself get pulled to the side.

"'Nothing going on' my ass." Sapphire said in a hushed voice.

"Huh?" I replied, confused.

"We were totally not spying on you and Brynjolf yesterday, and we also totally didn't see him walk out of your room this morning." Rune said, hiding a smile.

I punched him in the arm, hiding a blush.

"We're just friends, thats all." I replied, trying to hide anything stating otherwise.

Rune and Sapphire rolled their eyes and walked away. I knew that they knew I wasn't telling the full truth, but I wasn't gonna admit that.

I walked over to where Mercer was standing, praying he didn't see me and Brynjolf.

"I saw you and Brynjolf last night."

well shit.

"Listen Mercer... I was upset about a dream I had, and he was there to help me, unlike you." I said, mumbling the last part under my breath.

"I don't wanna catch you two again." Je said, sternly.

I sighed in defeat.

"Brynjolf, get your ass over here." Mercer yelled.

My heart dropped.

"What Mercer?" Brynjolf said, walking over.

"I have a job for Moon."

"What do I have to do with this?" Brynjolf replied, confused.

"Since you usually give you jobs, I decided you'd want to hear."

Brynjolf shrugged and looked at me.

"Moon, I need you to go to a place called Goldenglow." Mercer said, still angry at me.

"Goldenglow? Mercer what's wrong with you? Even Vex couldn't get through there!" Brynjolf said, also a little bit angry.

I stepped back, watching this argument unfold.

"If she wants to prove herself worthy of being here, than she needs to do this."

"Then I'm going with." Brynjolf stated.

"Fine. If you get yourself killed, its your own damn fault." Mercer finished, walking away.

"Why would you do something like that?" I asked.

"If you went in there by yourself, you would get yourself killed instantly. That place is swarming with mercenaries. If you have me there, it'll be easier." He replied.

"Plus, Mercer won't be there" I added.

He smiled a bit.

"We leave at noon?" I said.

"Noon." He replied with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n

i know this chapter is shorter, but the next chapter is gonna be everything that happens at goldenglow so im excited hehehe