CHOICES:Joy x Jisoo

Jisoo and Joy have been married for 2 years now.For them,it's a normal routine to not see each other during night,most of the time because of their professions.Joy,being a lawyer and Jisoo being a doctor.Jisoo takes midnight shifts,because not a lot of doctors prefers midnight shift.Today they got to see each other this morning,Joy preparing for her work and Jisoo who just arrived at home.

"Love."Jisoo greeted and kissed her.

"How's your day?"

"Just fine.As usual a lot of patients,but we actually managed.Its just a little hard because a lot of doctors have been absent due to personal issues."She said and sighed.

"Come here and sit."Joy said,gesturing the seat beside her that Jisoo took.She stood up and massaged Jisoo's back."Don't stress yourself too much,love.You should sometimes at least rest."

"I can't.The patients needs me."She said."You're so good at this."She said and smiled,she indeed is really lucky to have this good wife beside her."I love you."She said.

"I love you more."

-

Jisoo was busy at her work as usual.Then after working,she went at home.Joy was waiting for her but she's so exhausted that she slammed herself at the bed.

"Love.."Joy called.

"Hmm?"She answered drowsily.

"Our anniversary's coming up soon.I hope you won't forget it and take the day off.Is that okay?"

"Yes yes."Jisoo just said because all she wanna do is to sleep.

"Okay!Never forget that,love!"

-

Today's Jisoo and Joy's wedding anniversary.Jisoo totally forgot it,too focus at her work.Her phone rang,it's Joy.

"Why aren't you here?Where are you?"Joy asked.

"At work.Why are you even asking?"

"What?!It's our 3rd wedding anniversary for pete's sake Jisoo how could you forget?!"Joy shouted.

"It's just an anniversary we can celebrate it some other time patient's life is more important!Understand me, Joy!"

"I always do,Jisoo.Can you please spare me just a bit of your time?"

"Look,love.I'm so so sorry.I'll try to come home early."

"No need.I'm just going there."Jisoo smiled,her wife's so considerate.

"Thank you,love.I promise I'll give a day for you!Thank you I love you so much!"

"I love you too."She turned the call off and focused on the papers of her patients on her hand.After a while,her office door suddenly opened,revealing a nurse.

"Doc we need you at the operation room,now!We had an accident and both of the drivers of the car had great head injury and you're the only neurosurgeon available at the time!"The nurse said.

"Okay,okay I'm on it."She stood up and followed the nurse."Who have the worst state?"

"It's the male driver,ma'am.But the other one,she's fifty-fifty.She could last in just an hour or two."The nurse said.

"Okay.Lets get the male one.Then try to keep the other one until two hours.If other neurosurgeon came up tell them that this patient needs them.But if not,I'll do this operation as quick as possible and I'll check on it on what I can do."

"But ma'am shes-"

"I'm sorry I really need to go to the operation,tell me later."She said as she walked to the operation room,where the patient was brought.She did her best to save him,and she was successful to save him.She went back at the other patient,the nurses where in sad face.She understood it."She didn't make it?"Jisoo asked.

"Yes ma'am.She passed minutes ago."

"Send my condolences to her family."She said.She was about to leave when the nurses hugged her."Guys why are you hugging me?"She asked.

"Ma'am it's..it's Mrs.Kim.Your..your wife.."The nurse whispered.

"What?Where is she?You must be kidding me where is she?!"They brought her wherever the body is,and as Jisoo unveils the cloth,her heart crashed.Tears fell from her eyes,she sat at the floor in shock.Its really her wife."W-We can still do something to save her,right?"She was about to approach her but the nurses stopped her.

"We can do nothing,doc.We can't do anything anymore."She sobbed harder,feeling the great pain inside her.

"I-I'm sorry..I-Its my fault.."She whispered,but I was too late for regrets.