-漫~*'¨episode 1.2

が憶ゼ

が憶ゼ

 .⋆·˚ ༘ * 'angel'
IN WHICH you learn about the life of
𓀿seo junyeon☦︎
⚠︎⚠︎

Junyeon was nervous, and she had every right to be. Unit after unit performed, and they were all so much more talented than she thought she was, and the nerves that thought gave her held her back. They made her feel sick, second-guessing her decision to participate.

"Are you alright?" She turned to see a boy in a dark blue sweater and beige pants leaning towards her slightly, eyes wide with concern. Yang Jungwon. He had just sat down, his unit with Yoonwon and Taeyong having just performed All I Wanna Do, leaving only Junyeon left as Sunoo had immediately rushed up to the stage.

Junyeon nodded slightly, giving the boy a small smile to reassure him. From the corner of her eye she watched him lean back and send some sort of signal to one of the other trainees, Geonu, who seemed to be looking at her already. She frowned, turning her gaze to the unit on stage. She thought they were doing Crown justice, but Sunoo and Jake caught her eye just a little more than Youngbin.

When the performance ended, an odd feeling of calmness washed over Junyeon. It normally happened whenever she was going to perform in front of anyone, it helped her focus on what she was doing, and lots of people had commented on how flawless she always seemed to be. 

She put up her hands for Sunoo and Jake, feeling guilty about not voting for Youngbin, but still happy when all three of them got in. Slowly, she got up, doing her best to block out the twenty three pairs of of curious eyes trained on her, and the '-3' glaring at her from the wall in front of her.

Junyeon turned around to bow at her audience, greeting them. "Hello, I am Junyeon, I'm 18 years old, and I am able to sing, dance and rap," she finished her introduction with another boy, smiling slightly. She walked to the middle and got into her position, waiting for the music to begin. 

The opening notes to Say My Name by Ateez began, and immediately Junyeon was transported. She wasn't in a room, performing to a bunch of strangers who were watching her carefully, instead she was in a trance, the dance and lyrics appearing in her head, nothing else mattered. Of course, the original choreography and song had other people in it, so she, with the smallest bit of help from Jongho, had tweaked it to work for her.

This was easy for her, she'd been performing in front of others for five years, and she chose a song that she knew off by heart before it was even fully released, and was confident in her ability, which junyeon hoped would pay off.

And it did - from beginning to end, she executed every move perfectly, and she enjoyed every minute of it.

The music stopped and Junyeon could finally relax, panting only slightly and bowing, the boys clapping. She hoped that she'd done enough to get through to i-land, but without having to appeal. When she'd been interviewed, junyeon had been asked what her strong points were and she'd replied with the amount of choreographies she knew. However, it appeared the producers had other ideas.

"We'll give you a chance to appeal before voting begins," the voice said, startling Junyeon. She glanced over at Heeseung, who knew what she'd prepared if it came for this, and he gave her a small nod and thumbs up, smiling.

"I'll be showing some choreography of various groups." She walked to center stage, and took a deep breath, awaiting for the music to start once again. First, I Can't Stop Me by Twice began, then On by BTS, followed by Love Shot by EXO, which brought a round of gasps from the boys.

Then, Wave by Ateez, Miroh by Stray Kids, Ridin' by NCT Dream and Kick It by NCT 127 before finishing with another Ateez song, HALA HALA. When the music stopped, Junyeon took a deep breath, trying her best to minimize the heaving of her chest. She could hear the others clapping, but she didn't allow herself to relax just yet.

"We will now begin voting." The voice filled the room once again, and Junyeon's gaze became fixed on the floor, too scared to make eye contact with anyone who did or didn't vote for her.

A few more seconds passed before once again the voice spoke. "Participant Junyeon gets into I-Land." Said girl's head snapped up, eyes wide, pointing a finger towards herself. Some of the boys laughed at the action, and one unknown boy squealed slightly ( definitely wasn't sunoo... )

"O-oh thank you so much." She bowed three times, a huge smile on her face, before rushing back to her seat. When she got there, Daniel gave her a high five. The floor beneath her feet lit up, proving her position in I-Land.

"The entrance exam for I-Land is over. Those who have passed may enter the gate and proceed to I-Land." The voice informed the group, the wall opening up. Junyeon stood up, picking up her bag and patting down her sweatpants.

The competition had finally began, and Junyeon was determined to make it to the end

----

Junyeon could see that everyone was reluctant to leave their friends behind, and she watched as they all said their goodbyes, quite a few of them with tears in their eyes. She came hear alone, and only knew Heeseung, who got through, so she didn't have anyone to say anything to. Of course she was sad that they couldn't all go through, every single person in the room was extremely talented, but she just couldn't seem to find herself relating to any one of them just yet.

So as not to disturb any of the other participants, Junyeon quickly sneaked into the giant egg, out of view from everyone else. it was there that she lent against the side, letting out a deep sigh before jumping up and down on the spot, shaking her fists as she releases her first smile since her entrance into the building.

"Careful, you'll have people on there knees for you if you keep on smiling like that." The young girl gasped, turning around to be met with the grinning face of Heeseung. Rolling her eyes, Junyeon punched his shoulder, moving to the side to allow the elder to move between her and the wall. "Don't think I didn't notice you sneak in here young lady."

"Hee, I'm literally a month younger, shut up." Junyeon moved herself once again, this time to stand behind Heeseung, his tall frame hiding her from the boys who were slowly beginning to enter the large egg, waving their goodbyes to their friends. Next to her stood a young boy in a pink shirt who's name she couldn't remember, but his performance of Jopping was one that, in her opinion, was one of the best.

Taking a deep breath she turned to him, about to tap his shoulder, but was stopped herself when the egg suddenly turned, opting instead to grab onto whatever was closest to her, which happened to be Heeseung's shirt. Her action made the male look over his shoulder at her, concern painted on his face, but she waved it off.