|3| Hands

Once I left the airport the drive to the house was about 20 minutes.

Pulling into the cobblestone driveway of the house, it was a one story, modern style home. The front door was completely glass and floor to ceiling windows covered the front of the house.

There was a 2 door garage off the side which connected to the main house with a hallway.

Greenery layered the front lawn and flowers were spread out around it as well.

Once fully pulling my car into the driveway I turned it off and stepped out of the car. I grabbed my two bags and trudged my way towards the front door.

Tye had told me that the keys were under the door mat so I placed down the bags and pulled up the brown door mat which wrote 'Benvenuto' on it. Under was a singular silver key.

I slid the key into the keyhole and turned it until I heard the familiar click sound of the lock.

After finally getting the door open I threw my two bags inside and closed the door shut behind me with my foot.

"Home sweet home." I mumble under my breath as I rest my back against the door.

Right as you enter the front door you are met with an entry way which divides into three separate ways you can go.

The way on my right leads to a guest bathroom and the garage. The way on my left leads down a hallway with doors on each side which I assume holds the bedrooms. And finally the way right in front of me leads to the kitchen, dinning room, and living room.

At this point I am too tired to even explore the house. With one last final effort I carry my bags down the left corridor and find the master bedroom. 

I open the door and plop the bags down on the floor and slowly make my way over towards the bed which is placed in the middle of the farthest wall between two glass windows.

I let myself fall onto the bed and instantly let the darkness of the room consume me for the rest of the night.

"Stop talking little girl." Tye's voice boomed throughout the Red Room,"The longer you disobey the rules, the longer you stay in."

The room was slowly getting darker and closing in all around me. There were voices mumbling and yelling at me from every angle and I could see shadows darting across the room.

My throat was dry and I was starting to forget how to breath.

I was quickly losing it and couldn't control my constant fidgeting in the chair they had placed me in.

"I'm only 7." I mumbled through my tears which were rapidly flowing from my red eyes.

Through my blurry vision I could see a tall and lanky shadow standing right in front of me. I could make out it's face but it's arms....it's arms were the size of me and it was reaching them out towards me. 

Its long and harsh fingers wrapped around my neck and I began to scream. I screamed as loud as I could but its grip would tighten every time I did.

It felt like my vocal cords were going to snap with how loud I was screaming.

I was screaming for my mom, my dad, anyone who would come to my aid.

But no one came, it was just me and the creature. Me and a nightmare.

Before I knew it, black dots were appearing in my vision and I was beginning to lose consciousness. 

Then everything went dark and the only thing I could hear was the door swinging open and several pairs of footsteps running towards me.

I shot awake dripping in my own sweat. I franticly put my hands on my neck feeling for anything, feeling for those hands around me.