|6| Family

It's been about 6 hours since I woke up, locked in this prison of a room. I guess after I passed out in the other room they moved me here. I don't exactly know why though.

My clothes had also been changed, and I was now wearing a pair of grey shorts and a blue hoodie, which came all the way down to my knees.

I stayed glued to the bed, because I couldn't exactly walk with my thigh burning in pain.

"The mother fucker really stabbed me." I mumbled while my index finger grazed over the stitches on my thigh.

"Helloooo..." I yelled for about the 20th time, trying to get anyone's attention. But to no avail I was trapped in this room, alone, with my thoughts.

As I was laying in the bed, staring at the white ceiling, a million thoughts ran through my mind at full speed.

Does Mya know I was caught?

Why am I in this room?

Am I going to die?

Who the fuck changed my clothes?

These thoughts though, were interrupted by the door knob of the room jiggling and the sound of keys clanking together.

The door to the room slowly opened and the whole Marino Clan entered in a single file. They all held calm and controlled faces, while mine was a mixture of anger and confusion.

"Sleep well?" Dominico asked while taking a seat on the edge of the small bed I was sitting on.

"Horrible actually." I responded while moving away from his tall form. Actually I had on of the best sleeps of my life, but I would never tell him that....

"I'm sorry to hear that." He told me. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Why are they being so nice to me right now? Shouldn't they want to kill me?

"Look if you're going to kill me, just get it over with already." I sighed, looking around the room at each boys face.

"Anastasia, we aren't going to kill you." Dominico laughed in amusement. What's so fucking funny?

"I killed about 10 of your men, was sent here on orders to murder you, and you're not going to kill me?" I asked in confusion.

"Very impressive I might say. No one has had the balls to try it yet." He responds to me.

"Thanks?" I said, well more like asked. Why is he applauding me right now. I should be 6 feet underground, or dumped in the fucking ocean by now!

"Look Anastasia, we ran a DNA test on you while you were asleep..." He started.

"Ok..."

"We will help you find family."

"Wait really? Are you serious!" I rambled, my eyes lighting up in excitement. The thought of having a real, true family sent me over the edge of excitement. Having my own mother to brush my hair for me and make breakfast. And having a father who's strict on me about boyfriends. And having siblings to fight with and play games with.

"Yes, you are an impressive young girl." He told me. I could tell he was holding something back, struggling to find what he wanted to say.

"I am?" I questioned.

"Anastasia you deserve a family after what has happened to you." He told me. I locked eyes with him and his held hope, wonder, excitement, and nervousness.

"Thank you, seriously. I can never repay you for this." I lightly smiled at him and he nodded his head.

"Anytime." He replied to me. "Now please, get some rest."

"Thank you." I state dryly and lean back against the headboard of the bed.

"Of cour-" Dominico begins before he is interrupted by a phone ringing.

He pulls it out from his pockets and looks hesitantly up at me. He then reaches out the phone towards me and I pick it up from his hand.

"This is mine..." I mutter, before I looked down at the contact. It was Tye calling me.

Shit, shit, shit!

"Answer." Salvatore says in his cold deep voice.

I take a deep breath before accepting the call and putting it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Anastasia! Where the fuck are you! I get news from our people in Italy that the house is fucking trashed with bullet holes everywhere, and you're no where to be found!" He yells through the phone, anger is evident in his tone.

"I-um-I" I sputter out.

"Use your fucking words brat!" He scoffs.

"I was ambushed and will not be returning to the mission." I grit out.

"What did you just say to me?" He coldly states and I hear a door open and close on his end.

"Who is that?" I hear a feminine voice say, Mya.

"Anasatsia, she leaving." Tye tells her, Mya quickly takes the phone from him and I hear him yell something, then leave the room.

"Ana, where are you right now?" She ask.

"She's with me." Dominico says before taking the phone from me.

"Ah, Dominico Marino, what a surprise. You just love having what is mine." She coos from the other end.

"Cut the shit." Dominico grits out. I see his hand tighten around the phone and his jaw tense.

"Enjoy our little Anastasia, she won't be with you for long." Mya tells him before the line goes dead.

"Get rid of this." Dominico mutters while handing the phone to Alessio, "The rest of you leave as well." 

All the boys nod in response and leave the room one by one. Salvatore was the last to leave and gives me a sympathetic look before closing the door shut.

Dominico and I sit in silence for a few minutes, just looking at each other. 

"I will leave you now." He abruptly says. I nod in response.

He gets up and walks out the room without so much as a second glance towards me. Once he is gone I let out a huge breath of relief. 

"Finally..."

END OF CHAPTER!!

WORDS: 

Sorry for the short chapter y'all. I felt that it needed to be ended here.

Anyways...Hope you enjoyed!!!

Make sure to vote if you did ❤️❤️