unexpected Saviour

Another role of dice and Pandavas lost everything, from their kingdom to their freedom, and the worst part they even lost their wife Draupadi.

The Pandavas were now dressed like slaves in the royal court of Hastinapur, where the Kauravas were laughing at their precarious situation.

Duryodhan after winning Panchali in the dice game, called his younger brother Dushshaasan to bring her into the court.

The entire court was silent, but soon cries of a woman were echoing in the hall. Every one in the court except Duryodhan and the other kauravas were broken.
as Dushshaasan entered the court dragging Draupadi from her hairs and pushed her in the middle of the court. Everyone in the hall looked down in shame, as they could not do anything for her.

Panchali was angry and confused, and she asked in the court that why was she (the queen of Indraprastha) brought in the court in such a horrible manner. Everyone was silent, but soon she heard Duryodhan speaking.

"Draupadi you are no longer the queen of Indraprastha. Your husband Yudhishthir has lost everything, from his kingdom to the freedom of all your husbands, and also you. And from now on you all are my slaves."

She was stunned for a moment, and then she turned to her husbands. Looking their heads bowed in shame she realised that what Duryodhan spoke was the truth.

But she did not accept it, she was not a piece of property to be placed as a bet. She was their wife and more importantly she was a human.

She questioned everyone. But no one spoke anything.

As all of this was happening, one pair of eyes was staring at pandavas with disgust.

He was angry with Panchali for his disrespect at the swayambara, but even he felt bad and felt that she did not deserve such humiliation. This person was non other than Karna, the king of Anga and the best friend of Duryodhan.

As insults were being thrown at Panchali for being a common wife of five husbands, his anger was continuously growing for the Pandavas. First because they forced Draupadi into such a marriage which society would never accept, and taunt her for the rest of her life. And Secondly, treating a woman as a property.

But he ran out of patience, wen Shakuni asked Dushshaasan to disrobe Draupadi for not following an order of Duryodhan.

As Dushshaasan was nearing Panchali. Panchali started to ask for help from everyone in the court, but to his astonishment no one said a single word. Not Bhishma, Not guru Dron and not even the king.

This made Karna disgusted even more, and before Dushshaasan could grab Draupadi's Saari, he stood up and shouted STOP!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note
This is the first chapter.

Kindly read and share your opinions.