˗ˋ 42

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

╭ ╮
━━━  " 📂 " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙀 𝙈 𝙀 𝘿 𝙔

! chapter forty-two ─── ʚĭɞ

╰ ╯

Despite the agreement to keep things civil between them - not only for the sake of each other, Heekyung and the other six members of their respective groups - neither Miyeon or Seojun reallt saw each other

Miyeon was busy filming, dancing and recording and Seojun was busy preparing for his own debut, developing his guitar skills and singing voice even further so that when it came to INDIGO's debut in the following month.

It was so different than the last year of training. Neither spent much time together or with their friends from Saebom High - the only people they really saw was Heekyung, the other members of their groups and the staff that surrounded them day in and day out.

Of course, this could only have been expected - and both Seojun and Miyeon had talked about it before - because they knew that when it came to either of them debuting times would get even busier.  

However, with the process at Move Entertainment with VIVID's upcoming debut, there was an added amount of staff coming to work with the girl group, including those who worked with Chen. The soloist wasn't too happy about the lack of people flurrying around her, but there wasn't a lot that she could do about it except throw things at her current manager and send glares at Miyeon, Chanmi, Maya and Kaien as they passed.

And with more staff, came people that they would know that were otherwise not seen as much, due to where they had assigned to work. For Miyeon, that was Jugyeong. And to be very honest, the Hwang girl was conflicted.

Jugyeong was the one person who didn't know what was going on between Seojun and Miyeon. She had made Sooa vow not to mention it to her so that nothing would come inbetween the best friends and Seojun's later conversations with her. She just didn't want it to be awkward, and so the Hwang girl would do as much as she could to avoid it.

Especially when they were in another photoshoot and Jugyeong was leaning over the side of her chair, brushing eyeshadow onto her eyelid. "You look nervous." The Im girl smiled at her best friend. She might not see her as much as she saw Sooa, but never would Jugyeong forget the kindness that Miyeon had shown her upon arriving at the school, especially with the matters of her own appearance.

"I feel nervous." Miyeon nodded. "Sorry." She apologised, when Jugyeong held up her chin with a finger to still her. "Or just tired. I didn't get a good night of sleep last night. I was too busy practising."

"That's not good for you." Jugyeong shook her head. "Really - Seojun was saying that you all rehearse and dance and sing too much, and he was right."

"Seojun said that?" Miyeon asked absentmindedly, using the mirror to see around the rest of the room. Chanmi was currently being zipped into something, Maya was having her hair straightened and Kaien was talking to Heekyung, who kept glancing over at Jugyeong with a hint of pride in her eyes.

"I'm sure he's already told you, but we went on a date. I'm confused about it all - you know with Suho and everything.. however we agreed to go on three for now." Jugyeong met her eyes and smiled before standing back. "I think I'm just going to put a little more shimmer on there."

"Okey dokey." Miyeon settled back down again, closing her eyes. "Did you enjoy the date?"

"Yeah, we went ice skating." Jugyeong was smiling - although Miyeon couldn't exactly see it, she could hear it ringing clearly in her voice. "It was really nice. I really enjoyed it."

Something thudded in Miyeon's stomach. Jealousy. Which was far too concerning considering all of the times she had encouraged him to go for it. She had no right to be jealous at all, and now she was sitting in a chair with the very girl who doubled as Seojun's date and her best friend applying glittering eyeshadow to her face.

"That's good. It's good you're having fun after waiting so long." Miyeon smiled, opening her eyes once again. "Are we almost done? I'm pretty sure I saw a corset back there."

"Huh, I can't say I envy you." Jugyeong's eyebrows raised as she looked back towards the table in front of her, fingers running over a multitude of lipsticks, glosses and tints. "It's just this left. And your eyelashes."

Miyeon sat still as the makeup artist applied mascara, leaning forward and focusing as she blinked several times.

"I don't think I should be saying this.. but it was strange when he confessed to me." Jugyeong admitted, and Miyeon met her eyes, just as she was bending down with a brush and a lipstick to apply tint.

"Why?" She asked, parting her lips so that the makeup artist could put it on easier.

"Well... I always sort of thought he was in love with you."