7) Bored - Teenlock

Word count: 756
*John's POV*

"Jaaaawwwwwnnnn! Boooorrreed!" Sherlock yelled from across our dorm, throwing his English literature textbook at me. It hit my arm and I turned around from my chair at the desk to glare at him. He lay with his back and head on the sofa and his legs resting on the wall, his blue-turquoise eyes fixed on me. I put down my pen and walked over to him, picking up the textbook and placing it on the coffee table as I did so. I pulled him up and gestured for him to follow me, and began to make my way along the corridors to the library, Sherlock at my heels like a keen dog.

Swinging open the school's library doors, Sherlock and I walked over to the fantasy section at the back, my friend's interest peaked at my descresion as to what we were doing. It was a Tuesday afternoon at our bording secondary school, and nobody else was there apart from a few year 11s revising for exams and a small group of year 7s doing homework at the computers. Most of the rest of our year, year 10, were out on the football pitches. There was always a game on Tuesdays after lessons. I would go, but Sherlock found it incredibly boring so I decided to try out for the team in year 11, when he would spend most his time revising anyway.

"What are we doing here, John?" Sherlock whispered to me, his eyes darting from each book's spine to the next. "Neither you or I like reading fantasy; it's unrealistic and boring."

"I know." I replied, still walking down the rows of shelves. I had found out about a secret room a few months ago though, and wanted to show it to him. It wasn't really secret, but it was right in the corner of the library, and the people who knew of the door leading to it had always assumed that it was a staff-only place. Sherlock didn't know about it because he never went in the library, especially not to the fiction books. I turned the handle cautiously, in case anyone was in there, and trotted inside. Sherlock looked around the small-ish room, which consisted of a few coffee tables and dusty sofas. It had originally been a reading room for the students, but it was slowly forgotten about and not noticed more and more as the school got older. I shut the door behind us and sat down next to my friend, who had settled on one of the sofas.

"Still bored?" I asked, grinning at him.

"Kind of. Why did you bring me here? You've been here before... why?" he gave me a questioning look. The truth was that I had been here with most of my previous partners, a quiet space to sit together and talk interrupted. My last romantic relationship had ended in year 9, and I had hardly felt the desire to come in here since; I could get all the quiet and alone time I needed in mine and Sherlock's dorm, so there was no reason to come in here for that.

"I don't know," I said instead, though.

"Can I kiss you?"

.

*Sherlock's POV*

Shit. Did I really just say that out loud? Judging by John's look of surprise and confusion, I think I did. I felt my face burn, him blushing slightly too. We kind of just sat there for a few seconds, avoiding eye contact and shocked by what I had just asked.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud- no, what I mean is- I didn't realise I was speaking- oh, god, I'm terrible at this," I stammered in my embrassed state, my eyes glued to the dust-painted floor. I felt John's hand cup my face, and my focus shot up to him. He was beaming at me, and I relaxed into his hand slightly, feeling reassured by his new expression.

"It's okay, calm down," his voice was soft and quiet. I smiled subconsciously, and he leaned forwards, one hand still on my cheek and his other pulling me closer gently by my waist. Our lips met and our eyes closed, savouring the moment. My hands held behind his back and head, running through his hair. It lasted a couple of long seconds before we drifted apart, grinning like idiots at each other. "Are you still bored?" John chuckled heartily.

"No... no, I'm definitely not still bored," I replied, and pulled him closer, our mouths colliding again.