16) Cold

Word count: approx. 250
*Sherlock's POV*

John and I were on a post-case walk as we often were, our pinkie fingers linked lovingly. We didn't really talk much, save a few questions about the case from John which I answered enthusiastically. The bitter winter wind swirling past pinched at our faces and necks, forcing us to scrunch our noses and hunch up our shoulders in an attempt to be warmer.

"Sherlock! It's snowing!" John stopped in his tracks, staring up at the grey skies, which were littering tiny white flakes onto the road and pavements. He reached out his hands, letting the snow fall into his palms and melt. I smiled subconsciously at his mesmerised expression, his nose and cheeks red from the cold. Our breath was visible in the icy air and I untied my scarf, the sudded exposure of my neck to the atmosphere making me shiver.

"Here, love," I said, wrapping my scarf around John's neck and tieing it again. He turned to face me properly, confusion painted on his face. I never gave my scarf to anyone, ever.

"Sherlock? What are you doing?" He stammered.

"You'll catch a cold." I replied plainly, not bothering to listen to his protests about me catching one. I took his hand in mine, and led him in the direction back to Baker Street, trying to avoid the now heavily falling snow as much as possible. We could go out in it later, with the proper clothing on to be warm enough.