.:Goth!StanxReader-Nevermore:.

I yawn, staring out the window in my lack of interest in whatever Mr. Garrison is droning on about. The rain hits the glass, making me wish to be out of class more than ever. The grayscale sky is calling my name. Resting my chin in my palm, I let my mind wander....

Until I am rudely yanked from Lala Land by a hard kick to my shin. I send a glare in the perpetrator's direction, hissing lowly. Much to my surprise, I see none other than Mr. Goody Two Shoes--Kyle Broflovski. I raise an eyebrow. What's a teacher's pet like him doing talking to a freak like me? The ginger's green eyes flick from me to my desk, signaling me to follow his gaze. Rolling my eyes, I glance down at my desk, expecting to see my doodle-riddled page of my notebook, just as I left it. I find mild surprise when I see a small square of neatly folded loose leaf on top of it. I give Kyle a quick, suspicious side-glance before turning my attention back to the note. I unfold the page cautiously, absentmindedly rubbing at the creases. My eyes behold neat cursive script that read:

Um...this is weird,but um... Hi. I'm Kyle. I'm Stan's best friend. Now, hold on. Stan's only ever told me about you. I'm not mocking you or using you for some stupid prank. Please. I need your help. Stan needs your help. I won't explain myself unless you will actually hear what I have to say. Write back if you want I guess.

I stare at the little slip of paper, blinking. Damn. I forgot. Kyle's in Stan's group of friends, isn't he? I swallow hard. I don't want trouble, but... Kyle doesn't seem like the type to get in everyone's business just to stir up trouble. And Stan... I haven't seen him in a few days... I bite my lip.

Go on.

I kept it short and to the point, just in case I'm misjudging the situation. When Mr. Garrison turned around again, I leaned over and slipped it back onto Kyle's desk. I stare at the board without seeing it, waiting for the response, feeling my mind drift back to that day...

~*~*~*~*~About a year ago~*~*~*~*~

I had been in South Park for no more than a week. I hated it. It was cold and strange and all of the kids were so rude and judgmental. I had found Starks Pond the day we'd arrived and ever since it has been my little sanctuary. Some of the snow was melting due to slightly warmer temperatures, so I only wore my (f/c) peacoat, leaving my hat and gloves at home. I beelined past the main area, straight into the trees. A short distance in, a small, secluded clearing looked out on the pond. A log was there to serve as a bench. It, quite honestly, was beautiful.

As I pushed through the last branch, I caught sight of him. At first, I didn't know who it was. From behind, all I could see was a hunched figure sitting on the log, facing the pond with his back to me. I say 'his' because it was clearly a masculine form. He was wearing a brown coat with a red collar. Straight black hair protruded from underneath a red and blue hat. Something about him was familiar, but I just couldn't put a finger on it.

I tried to walk by quietly, as to not have to deal with another cruel resident of South Park, but, of course, I had to step on a twig. By instinct, I snapped my head up, staring in the figure's direction like a deer in headlights. My (e/c) eyes met with a pair of deep blue orbs. A familiar blue pair. A crying blue pair.

My initial reaction was-- Oh shit! It's the captain of the football team! But then, I felt a small tug in my chest. He's...crying?

Before I could stop myself, I took a step towards him, blurting out, "Hey, are you okay?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Honestly, I don't remember what he said that got me to stay, but stay I did. The two of us talked for a long time. But dusk eventually fell and we parted ways, promising each other that we'd be back.