.:Baku!LenxReader-Dream-Eating Monochrome Baku:.

Gasp! I shot straight up in my bed, my breath shallow and my heart pounding wildly. It was just a nightmare.... Just a nightmare... Damn! I simply can't shake of that horrible dream! Great... Now I'm never going to get some sleep. I check my phone. 1:34. Brilliant. My eyes are scaring me, making every single shadow of night become a horrifying monster. I take in a shaking breath that rattles about in my chest and look out the window to see the orange harvest moon glaring at me like an evil eye. I shiver. I am a very superstitious girl. I gaze past the wedjat-like moon to look at the distant stars. Maybe... I rub my hands on my arms, trying to erase the goosebumps that have formed. I close my eyes and whisper a single word into the night. "Baku..." There. I did it. "Baku... Baku..." I don't even know if its real. As the superstitious girl I am, I've read up on a wide variety of spirits and entities. The Baku is one of them. Where does it come from? What does it look like? No one knows. Children in Japan were reassured by parents that they can call on him to eat their nightmares away and replace them with good luck and happy dreams. What's the harm in trying it? I sit, still shaking with fear as I continue to gaze out at the early morning street. Almost no cars go down this road in the daytime, so now the place seems so bare. Two streetlamps near my house bathe the road with light. It would be a peaceful sort of calm under any other circumstance.

Tap.

I hear a strangled gasp escape my throat. The night air has chilled my sweat, making me shake even more.

Tap.

Ohgodohgodohgodwhatamigonnado?! I press myself against the wall next to my window, still sitting on my messy bed. I continue to watch the empty street as the tapping sound continues at its slow, even pace, getting closer and closer. I start to hear the accompanying soft sound of footsteps in time with the taps. The streetlamp that is still in my sight shows a long, dark shadow approaching. I squeeze my eyes shut, preparing for my death. A very irrational reaction, but after night terrors, who is rational? The sounds continue until it just... stops. Not fading away, they just... stop. I can feel tears prick at my tired eyes. I don't wanna die!

"You called, miss?"

Huh? I slowly open my eyes to see a young man smiling up at me. He has raised my screen and now has his arms folded casually on the windowsill. I sit there, mouth agape, dumbly staring at the handsome person. He laughs softly at my reaction. I blush and try to compose myself. "Wh-Who are you...?" My voice is small and trembling.

The man nods, his smile never faltering as he turns around. I expect him to push up to worm his way into my room, but instead he floats--I kid you not, floats!--in through the large window, his form held in a relaxed form, like this is a completely normal thing for people to do.

I manage to get a good look at him. He has blonde hair that is held in a small, low ponytail at the back of his head, bound by a velvety black ribbon. A black hat accented with a gold-ish band sits atop his head in a tilted way. He seems to be dressed in clothes that is almost a modified way of dressing up to the nines. He has a black jacket that is unbuttoned in the front, has a bit of a tail in the back and the sleeves are rolled up to his elbows. Beneath it, he has on a vest that matches the band on his hat in color. I can see a white dress shirt beneath it, a yellow bow is tied around his neck. Not a Doctor Who or Oliver Kirkland bow, it actually looks fairly girly to me, but it actually suits him really well. He has on black pants that stop at his knees, only to be met by a pair of tall socks with a diamond pattern in two shades of gray. Shiny black dress shoes hide his feet. His hands are covered by black gloves that stop short at the top of his wrist. In one hand, he holds a tall cane colored in tones of simple monochrome.