Page 20 I am a man

What the hell, I never thought I'd see her again. But she was here, in front of me, covered in... mud, ew, but at least she was here. She was staring at me as if I was the demon under her bed all these years.

"Why were yelling at the fucking sky? I guess only my dog would understand that" I laughed at my own joke. Then, I got awkward. Man, I'm better than this!
"What does that even mean?" 
"Nevermind that. How's your mud bath going?"

She seemed annoyed, "Splendid. As you can see. You're interrupting me,"
"Jeez, fine, I'll leave then,"
"Please do,"
"Well, now I won't since you asked me to,"

She said nothing. I looked into her eyes and she looked away, "What are you looking at?"
"It was quiet before you were here"
She laughed, "You must be really boring if you like peace"
Of course I like peace. Jeez. What a weirdo.

"Well, I'm kinda thirsty" I tried changing the topic.

I drank some water from her water bottle as I sat at the corner of the road and looked at the fields. Our pale skins were shining under the sun, she was cleaning her hands on the grass. When she walked back to me, she smelled like grass and soil. Maybe we're both trying to get a tan or maybe both of us are getting sunburnt. Or at least I am. 

"What made you jump into the mud?"
"It was an accident. I didn't plan it. I'm idiot...I let my feelings get the better of me,"
"What feelings?"

She paused, as if she was wondering if she should tell me. Now, I was intrigued. 
"Listen, you tell me. Chances are, I will forget in like a week. I don't care about you,"

She looked at me and finally said, "I broke up with my boyfriend,"
"Feels bad, bro. I had that shit happen with me a while back,"
"How did you deal with it?" She asked as she sat beside me and took her empty bottle from my hands.
"I didn't. I just...stopped dating people for a while,"

"Wow, you have a lot of self-control,"
"Hell nah, I haven't been dating people...but that doesn't mean I'm not getting laid, hehe"
"You sound awfully proud of having dysfunctional, half-baked relationships,"
"I'm not proud of that,"
She looked confused, "So...you're a whore?"

I burst out laughing. No sane person in my life had called me that, "What the fuck?" I laughed till my eyes were watering, "What makes you think that?"
"Well, you sleep around so... yeah, that's pretty much it,"

"Listen, that doesn't make you a whore. Sometimes, you just need to lose your mind and listen to your body,"
"Congratulations, you just explained what stupidity is,"

"No, it's not stupid. Sex is not something special. It's just two people coming together, having fun and exploring our minds"

"You just said you need to lose your mind. How can you explore something you've lost"

I'm literally just saying a lot of words together. But even I know that I'm not making any sense. My brain is switched off and I look like an idiot. Come on, man, you need to make an impression. That's okay. End with a bang. Say something like...

"err.. erm... hmm... yeah, I don't know man I'm not the best of me right now"

I wanna kill myself. 

"Whore"

"I hate to break to you, but I'm a man. Whore is like a...promiscuous woman,"
"So, what do I call a man that sleeps around?"
"Why do you have to label me, man? So judgy even though I'm nice enough like you know...take care of you after your boyfriend left you. Poor unfortunate soul with no one else to turn to"

"Right...So virtuous" She was totally judging me. I hate how calm she is and how much upheavelled my mind is. I want to be calm, collected, what's gotten into me. This bitch.