Chapter 7: The Fall of Beacon

(3rd Person POV)

Ruby tried to reach for Crescent Rose but realized she didn't have it. So she pulled out her scroll and tried to call for help but Mercury destroyed it.

Mercury: Let's just keep this between us friends, shall we

Olympia quickly stepped in front of Ruby in a defensive manor.

Olympia: Ruby! Go! Stop the match!

Ruby: Right!

Using her Petal Burst, Ruby blitzed right past Mercury, who attempted to stop her, only to be kicked in the face by Olympia, whose expression clearly showed hate for the silver haired assassin.

Mercury: What are you gonna do without your buddies, Princess?

Olympia: Who said I needed them to fight?

ACT I: THE FALL'S BEGINNING

Mercury sprinted towards Olympia, who got into a battle stance with her moth wings flared up, showing off aggression. He lunged a kick at her, only for Olympia to sidestep out of the way and do a back-flip, kicking Mercury in the chin, causing him to stumble back; Olympia was more known as the support type along with Cassie in the team, but it didn't mean she could do damage. Despite preferring to play the support role, Olympia can go toe to toe in a battle and keep up, even in hand to hand combat. So she was having no problems keeping up with Mercury. Mercury shot a Dust round at Olympia, who blocked with her right wing before spin kicking Mercury away from her. Unfortunately for him, as soon as he refocused on her, Olympia had already fired off her >Sparkling Payload< at him, knocking him out and shattering his Aura. Olympia glared at him one last time before flying after Ruby. But as she did, she heard shocked gasps, which only triggered her to hurry up.

When she finally found Ruby, she was on her knees, with a look of disbelief and horror. Olympia was about to ask about what happened, until she saw it... Pyrrha standing in front of Penny... Well what was left of her... Penny had been ripped to pieces, literally... showing off all her wiring...

Port: No!

Ruby: Penny...

Ruby couldn't hold back her tears and began to sob miserably... Olympia, nearly fell over as her eyes burned from the tears falling from them...

Olympia: I... I failed... No...

Maina and Miana had quickly met up with their Princess.

Miana: We're sorry Princess... We were too late...

Olympia: ...

Maina: Princess...?

Oobleck: Broadcast! What are you doing!? Kill the feed!

Broadcast: Something's wrong! We don't have control over the cameras! We can't even stop the broadcast!

Oobleck: What!? How is that possible!?

Suddenly, the screens changed to bright red with a black queen emblem as woman voice began speaking...

Woman: This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children, to men who claim you to be our guardians, but are, in reality, nothing more than men.

Olympia's thoughts: That voice... Isn't it... Cinder...?

Cinder: Our Academies' Headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both. They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army mercilessly torn apart by another's star pupil. What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can tell the difference. And what, I ask you, is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment, now this? Huntsmen and Huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy, yet I have witnessed neither. Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating Atlas in the Tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded the streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied and unsuspecting Kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong, but I know the existence of peace is fragile and the leaders of our Kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves. As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is... equally undesirable. Our Kingdoms are on the brink of war, yet we, the citizens, are left in the dark. So I ask you, when the first shots are fired... who do you think you can trust?