영: PROLOGUE

_____________-ZERO-_____________

_____________
-ZERO-
_____________

September 23, 2021
5: 45 am

The sound of rain was something he had loathed for a long time even if the sound was virtual. It always made him hark back to that cold miserable night. The night he had abandoned her.

Min Yoongi took off his earplugs and inhaled sharply as the familiar knot of pain clenched his heart. He choked back a sob. It's true that when that usual feeling of sorrow and longing strikes, it's not easy to escape the overwhelming emotions that drown you in grief.

He tried to ease his restless mind by gazing out through the porthole.

The priceless view never fails to take his breath away every time, but then again he was invariably reminded of the little girl he once knew when the vivid memories consistently kept resurfacing on top of his mind

Jumping up and down like a little squirrel, She always babbled about how she wanted to cruise through the clouds and witness the beautiful 'Glory' that appears like a halo made of rainbows. And when she did that, her face would light up almost as if she had a halo herself. Her gummy smiles had brought him joy regardless of the harrowing ordeal they had been facing.

The recollections unconsciously brought a smile to his face, spreading a bit of warmth through his cold heart. But the thought of the brief memory consequently brought that accustomed tight lump in his throat. He quickly gulped it down but he couldn't get out of the enthralling trance the little girl had put him in.

Before he knew it he was crying silently, the feeling of guilt tugging at his heart. He shouldn't have left her alone. Tears kept rolling down his cheeks, but he kept his sobs muted and quickly wiped off the streaming tears, facing the porthole.
He didn't want others to know of his miserable state, he was already a burden.

"Flight attendants, prepare for landing please."
"Cabin crew, please take your seats for landing."

" Boys! We are about to land. Don't forget to have your masks and glasses on!!" Jin shouted from the seat behind him, turning a few heads in their direction.