Chapter 10: First Flight, everything we know about them is wrong

The next day, Emily and Hiccup made sure to avoid the villagers that kept trying to swarm them when they were getting brunch since it seemed Stoick and the search party had returned. They were gliding above the island and Hiccup was enjoying the view as he looked towards Emily who seems to be enjoying the scenery while using the staff she has to hold onto Optimus' back while standing and the armor made of dragon scales shined in the sunlight.

"It will be a long way down from here if we're not careful." Emily said as she looked to the side of the ocean below.

"I-I'm pretty terrified honestly. H-How are you so used to this kind of height?" Hiccup asked as he nervously looked to the side and below them and caused him to gulp.

"Let's just say I'm used to this kind of height. Let's just get this test flight on the go." Emily said as she looked determined. Hiccup took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay there, bud, we're gonna take this nice and slow." Hiccup told Toothless as Optimus positioned himself beside Toothless with Emily on his back.

"Here we go. Here we go... position three, no, four." Hiccup muttered and switched the pedal to the position.

Toothless glance at his tail and saw that it was in the right position before facing forward with narrowed eyes. They made a perfect arc and both dragons made sure to steady their wings. Hiccup glanced back to the tail and took deep breaths as he turned to Emily who nodded and crouched slightly on Optimus' back who dived.

"Alright, it's go time, it's go time." Hiccup muttered and leaned on the saddle as Toothless dove after Optimus and Emily who started to level out.

Hiccup made sure he was almost flat against the saddle to make it more aerodynamic as the two dragons skimmed the water with their wings.

"Come on, buddy, come on, buddy!" Hiccup encouraged as the two dragons flew under a sea stack. Hiccup looked around in amazement by the sight.

"Yes, it worked!" Hiccup cheered before he turned when he heard Emily whooped.

His eyes widened in shock when Optimus tossed her in the air where she did a backflip and landed back on his back. Hiccup steered Toothless to follow them but they hit a sea stack by accident.

"Sorry!" Hiccup apologized but they accidentally flew into another one.

"That was my fault." Hiccup said only for Toothless to hit him with his ear as if to say 'focus'.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it. Position four, uh, three." Hiccup said as he shrugged the hit away and skyrocketed towards the sky.

Emily watched them in concern with Optimus who followed but stopped as they flew below them just in case something goes wrong but from Hiccup's yell of delight that made Emily think that Hiccup is enjoying the rush of adrenaline.

"Yeah! Go baby! Yes! Oh, this is amazing! The wind in my-" Hiccup cheered but stop when he saw his cheat sheet get blown by the wind.

"CHEAT SHEET!!! STOP!!!" Hiccup yelled at the top of his lungs as he reached out for it.

Toothless thought it was a command and stop immediately but by doing so, the saddle and Hiccup's harness unlatched themselves. Hiccup felt himself floating and when he looked down, his eyes widened in shock. Toothless happened to look up and saw Hiccup in mid-air while Emily and Optimus felt their sparks drop at that.

"NOOOOOO!!!" Hiccup screamed in terror as Toothless roared in panic as the two started to plummet.

"Oh, gosh! Oh, gods! Oh, no!" Hiccup accidentally hits Toothless' wings and it sends him spinning as Toothless roared out in fear for him.